Need help choosing carry method with required uniform

This is a discussion on Need help choosing carry method with required uniform within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Lockout888 Check out TACTIPAC.COM IWB FUSION HOLSTER & watch the video on it. I love this holster, bought one for my XD40 gun.Feels like I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help choosing carry method with required uniform

Lockout888 Check out TACTIPAC.COM IWB FUSION HOLSTER & watch the video on it. I love this holster, bought one for my XD40 gun.Feels like I am not even wearing a holster etc.

2. Remove Ads

Well, I ended up buying the Galco Ankle Glove and the optional calf strap. So far it is working well, other than my ankle being a little itchy at the end of the day. I thought it would be more awkward or heavy wearing a G26 w/ 10 round mag on one leg, but its not that bad.

I tried using the King Tuk with my tucked-in polo shirt, but the bulge seems obvious to me and I can't tuck my shirt in all the way where the holster is.

Quote Originally Posted by REDTAIL View Post
    Lockout888 Check out TACTIPAC.COM IWB FUSION HOLSTER & watch the video on it. I love this holster, bought one for my XD40 gun.Feels like I am not even wearing a holster etc.
    That looks very interesting. That would eliminate the problem of not being able to tuck the shirt in all the way. There do not seem to be too many reviews online about it, but those that do own it seem to like it a lot. I may have to give it a try.

Smartcarry is a good choice, but is not for everyone. I really don't like it much. I used a tuckable holster when I was in security. I used to carry a Glock 26 in a DeSantis Apache Ankle rig too. Its cheaper than the Galco and can rit other similar sized guns. The sheepskin on the back makes it really comfy too. If you have big pockets, I have carried my Glock in my pocket before too. Just make sure you have a sturdy belt to hold up your pants...lol.

Check out my thread on my attempt to buy a king Tuk, went with a custom maker who's product just arrived today, less than one week from order to delivery, and the priduct is superior to the king Tuk

Custom holsters at half the price!!!

UPDATE:

I went ahead and tried my KingTuk at work and it has been working well. When I un-tuck my polo slightly on all sides, my G26 has no printing. When I practice, I can pull the polo up and draw quickly.

I guess now I have a second option of ankle carry when needed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links