Need help choosing carry method with required uniform

Need help choosing carry method with required uniform

This is a discussion on Need help choosing carry method with required uniform within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need some advice choosing a carry method at work with my Glock 26. I don't want to spend a ton of money on different ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help choosing carry method with required uniform

Question Need help choosing carry method with required uniform

I need some advice choosing a carry method at work with my Glock 26. I don't want to spend a ton of money on different holsters, trying to figure out which method works best. I would like somewhat easy access but no printing.

Required uniform is black pants (I wear 5.11s) and a tucked-in polo shirt. The polo isn't super tight but not XXL loose either.

My preferred method of carry so far is an IWB holster (Galco Kingtuk) and an un-tucked shirt. I don't know how well that would work with a tucked-in polo.

I was thinking of trying an ankle holster. Maybe a Galco Ankle Glove?

What works well in this situation?

Check out Thunderwear and Smartcarry systems. They work well for deep concealment in NPEs. As long as you don't wear your slacks too tight.

Check out Cross Breed Holsters. You can Google it and a link to their site pops up.
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

Your king tuck should work fine tucked in. It's all about position. Try moving it around to find what works. The g26 is kind of a clunky gun. I prefer a single stack for that reason. However, unless you're pretty small you should be able to make the king tuck work.

If you are used to carrying IWB and have trained that way, I'd stick with that and find a quality tuck-able version. If you decide to go with an ankle holster, I highly recommend not sparing any expense on the holster you purchase. Ankle carry demands a high quality holster if you plan on carrying that way for extended periods of time.

Regardless on what you choose, you should properly train/re-train with either. Drawing from a tucked shirt is a little different than un-tucked. Also, training your draw, cover, malfunction and reload drills from the ankle holster is a bit different as you will find. Too many people just slap on holsters and change carry methods without giving it any consideration whatsoever. If you are carrying ankle and have never done it, I suggest you carry on your off leg, inside. From experience with it, I personally prefer to not carry my G26 on my ankle as it is a little large, but I have done it, and still do, but only when that is my only option.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42TNred View Post
    Check out Thunderwear and Smartcarry systems. They work well for deep concealment in NPEs. As long as you don't wear your slacks too tight.
    NPEs?

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I really like the ankle glove. I have to wear scrubs most of the time so ankle carry works best for me. I would rather carry IWB, but sometimes ankle carry is my best option.

VIP Member
    I picked up a ankle holster to try as a option, galco for my Keltec 380. Looking forward to trying it out.

VIP Member
    IWB depends on how deep you have to conceal. If the belt clips from the typcial tuckable IWB holster are OK, then there are plenty of options. If the belt clips cannot be seen, this limits the options. There are a few that have velcro belt attachments that velcro to the back of the belt. These are much less visible - not invisible to the keenly observant, but far less visible. If complete invisibility is required, IWB may not be the best option.
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by mdmorgan View Post
    Your king tuck should work fine tucked in. It's all about position. Try moving it around to find what works. The g26 is kind of a clunky gun. I prefer a single stack for that reason. However, unless you're pretty small you should be able to make the king tuck work.
    Thanks. Galco recommends a 3-5 o'clock position for the King Tuk. Is this what works well for most?

Sponsor
    leather loop-edit-trans.jpgGlock-gun-front-left-1500.jpg

Give SHTF Gear holsters a try. You can get our tuckable leather belt loops with the order, they offer a great look in professional attire. Check out one for your Glock here Glock 26/27/33/36 ACE-1 Holster , and you can find the loops here. Leather Belt Loops

Thanks!
    Clay

wear Minotaur from CompTac tucked daily in dress shirt and slacks or polo on more casual days. Might try different clips depending on color, but looks like you are mostly black. Just "blouse" the shirt a little and NO ONE will catch it.....

If your wearing 5.11 pants then a pocket holster would work like my Rough Out or Rough Wallet. For IWB, My Tuck Clip would fit the bill and make a ton for G19s and G26 sized guns.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

usually i try to take into account the OP's expressed wishes, and not go beyond those. but in this case, i think you'd be much better off with a gun you can carry in a front pocket, such as a lightweight "J" frame, LCR, pocket 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    NPEs?
    Non-Permissive Environment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links