Got bored today. Looking for opinions/suggestions. - Page 2

Got bored today. Looking for opinions/suggestions.

This is a discussion on Got bored today. Looking for opinions/suggestions. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looks much better now. Good job!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Got bored today. Looking for opinions/suggestions.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Looks much better now. Good job!
    gottabkiddin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Not sure. I got it at the Tandy leather store. All I know is, it's supposed to be waxed nylon threading.. Thanks for the input on the color. I'll be looking into the color method you described and see what that's all about. I'm afraid I'm just a weekend warrior and not very knowledgeable with leather craft. YouTube, here I come.... Thanks again!
    Waxed thread is what you want. Artificial sinew shows up occasionally, but it has a tendency to slip from what I've been told.
    Leatherworker.net is a good site to check out. A few of us are over there.

And Springfield leather is a great place to order stuff. Tandy is more to the hobby side of leatherwork. Functional, but not as good quality. Springfield sells some good stuff. Their Hermann Oak is very good. The B grade will spoil you.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Lead Moderator
    I think the color looks good, no real need to change unless you really hate it. Nice job on the leather work too.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I've never been a black leather fan; not shoes, belts, holsters or coats. I think the saddle tan looks fantastic as you have it now. Good work there sir.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

Thanks gents. After consideration and a couple days of use I've decided to leave it as is. The holster itself really carries the Beretta extremely well so I couldn't be more please with how functional it is. As for looks, I've decided that the usefulness outweighs the appearance, and being a IWB holster the color is kinda moot. I'm going to try my hand at a OWB for it next and see how that goes.

Thanks again for the comments and suggestions.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links