No-clip holsters really a responsible choice?

This is a discussion on No-clip holsters really a responsible choice? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by whoppo You might be surprised.. I can carry a 2 pound XD-40 inside drawstring sweatpants with no foot discoloration :) I actually ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: No-clip holsters really a responsible choice?

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    You might be surprised.. I can carry a 2 pound XD-40 inside drawstring sweatpants with no foot discoloration :)
    I actually have less of a problem with my pants (even sweatpants) sagging when wearing a Remora directly against my skin on my hip. One side sticks to my skin (very comfortably) and the other to my clothes and helps hold them up.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

I've used a Remora every day for the past year and I've never had it fall out or slip more than 1/4" (which was after jumping on my trampoline with my dog). I wear an undershirt too so it sandwiches itself in place between my undershirt and waistband.

If anyone hasn't seen this Remora Holster Backflip test

I have the Remora for most of my carry guns because it is so comfortable and doesn't pull my pants down since its not attached to my belt. I have found it works better for larger guns since there is more material to stick to your undershirt and pants. I have had two smaller guns fall out of my pants getting out of my car because the holster rode up above my belt line. One was a j frame revolver and the other was my Beretta 22Lr. The key for small guns is to keep it lower down with the grip just barely exposed. This was my experience and I am sure that it will not happen again after making adjustments.
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

VIP Member
    I wouldn't call it "irresponsible".

It protects the trigger and stays reasonably secure. Besides, I've had even standard 'clip' holsters push up off my belt when the muzzle caught an armrest while sitting down (I only have j-clips now - no chance of that happening again).

I have a Remora that I use on rare occasions when I carry a PM9. It works great, and I have no complaints.

JL
    I have worn the Remora with a Glock 19 for the past 11 months. And before that, I carried an LC9 in a smaller one. Both were the ART combat cut, usually in the 3:00 to 4:00 position. I am also a 24-7 carry guy.

I have never had a gun fall out in normal, every day use during that entire time. This includes drawstring sweatpants and shorts without a belt while I am in for the evening. A couple of times, while laying down on my stomach on a bed or the couch, it has shifted or slipped out, but I consider that to be my own fault.

I have, while practicing drawing, pulled the entire Remora holster with the gun out of my waistband. In hundreds of practice draws, this has happened maybe three or four times. The meat of my trigger finger pinches the side of the holster and the whole thing pulls out together. This happens when I have the Remora riding a little high. That's my other slight issue. With the Remora, when it's in the most concealable, comfortable position, which is deep in my waistband, I sometimes struggle to get a good grip on the gun.

As such, for the last month I have transitioned to a DSG arms IWB kydex with belt cliips, and I have grown very used to it. It rides higher and I get a much better grip on the gun. However, as soon as I get home, if I am in for the night and I change to more comfortable clothing, the Remora goes on. With cooler weather coming up, I will be wearing long sleeves shirts to work and will likely tuck them in, meaning I will lock my weapon in my desk for the day. When this happens, my plan will be to go back to the Remora so I can take the holstered weapon on an off with ease after and before my commute.

Another + 1 for the Remora. Been using one for a S/W 642 for about 2 months and bought it after reading comments here. C
    ould'nt be happier with it and retention.

what does everybody else use the regular or renforced top?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bill35738 View Post
    Reinforced with sweat shield
    bigmacque likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Regular.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

You should be using a stall in a public restroom. No matter what holster/gun you use/carry.
    accessbob and NiceAsh like this.
    --Jason--

I use the regular top.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    You should be using a stall in a public restroom. No matter what holster/gun you use/carry.
    Why?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    The normal Remora cut does interfere with getting a full grip when drawing. Remora also has an option on every holster called Artemis cut (ART) that gives a full grip on the draw. I ordered the first one out of ignorance and they allowed me to exchange it for an ART cut. Remora customer support is outstanding.
    Thanks. I wasn't aware of the ART version.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by SnoMan97 View Post
    Why?
    Your more vulnerable when your standing in a urinal, safer in a stall. About the only place I use a urinal is at church, but not very often. I have just worked to make it a habit to use a stall. I don't have my CCW yet, so I am not carrying a gun, but I still don't want someone to push in into the urinal and go through my pockets while my hands are busy at my waist. Just not very security conscience to leave your back exposed that way when you don't have to.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Your more vulnerable when your standing in a urinal, safer in a stall. About the only place I use a urinal is at church, but not very often. I have just worked to make it a habit to use a stall. I don't have my CCW yet, so I am not carrying a gun, but I still don't want someone to push in into the urinal and go through my pockets while my hands are busy at my waist. Just not very security conscience to leave your back exposed that way when you don't have to.
    Never thought about it that way. Kind of obvious though really. I will have to get into that habit myself. Thanks.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links