No-clip holsters really a responsible choice?

This is a discussion on No-clip holsters really a responsible choice? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bigmacque Good point. I would like to hear some more female opinions on this actually. I would think that the clipless might ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: No-clip holsters really a responsible choice?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Good point. I would like to hear some more female opinions on this actually. I would think that the clipless might make it easier for a woman than a clipped on rig, but obviously I would not know that personally.
    The first Remora we purchased was for my GF. Clip-style holsters really need a good belt to fit and stay properly, but MOST of her wardrobe is not suitable for belts... no belt loops! She tried my N82 holster (very nice product btw) over the waistband, but without a belt it wasn't stable. The Remora on the other hand, was comfortable, stable, and more versatile. She wears it every day, except when she's traveling out of state for work, and simply loves it. It was her positive feedback that prompted me to try Remora's for my carry pistols and I'm also 100% sold on them.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SnoMan97 View Post
    I wouldn't want a pistol on me in any holster if I am roughhousing on the floor with my kids.
    Maybe I'm weird but I play with my kids a lot and I'm not going to run and unarm every time I want to. It's never been a problem with any other holster.

They have their uses, just not for an everyday holster for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

I ordered a Remora Series 6ss for my M&P 9c and it worked really well for the 4 times I actually used it but I would rather carry in my White Hat MaxTuck because it feels a lot more secure since it's attached to my belt. Think I may try to sell it and recover some of the money since I have went well past the 14 day trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

My Remora is an option, one of three for me. I find it secure, effective and practical for the times I use it. In my "simple" thinking the no clip holster is akin to boxers, briefs, thongs (did not want to leave anyone out), wear what you like and are comfortable in.
    Welcome to my home, that door you just kicked in, was locked for your protection, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoMan97 View Post
    Never thought about it that way. Kind of obvious though really. I will have to get into that habit myself. Thanks.
    Anytime, your welcome. I read it a long time ago in a gun magazine and it makes sense.
    --Jason--

I have a Glock 19 that I carry in a Remora. Very comfortable, but I guess I am just Wary of it coming loose on motorcycle rides. I just added a clip to it. ( I see someone else in this thread did the same to a DeSantis) anow it is both an extremely comfortable way to carry and secured further by a clip.

I have used a Ramora #11 tuckable holster for over 8 months now for my CZ-75 and Sig P-220 (My current carry gun). It has a belt clip that you can remove of you want. I have removed the belt clip and the holster never dropped or come loose because I use a good belt and keep it under tension. It takes some getting use he first few times when you have to remove it (ie. a public toilet). It's pretty easy though to refit and retuck afterward.
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

Check out the Youtube video of the guy doing backflips and then tell me if you think its a risk...lol. I was sceptical at first too. I bought one after seeing the video and have run around and grappled with a friend of mine. A OK!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links