Custom holsters at half the price!!!

This is a discussion on Custom holsters at half the price!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Did a lot of research on IWB holsters. Liked the Crossbreeds, but cost was prohibitive for what i wanted. Ordered a Galco King Tuk from ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Custom holsters at half the price!!!

Did a lot of research on IWB holsters. Liked the Crossbreeds, but cost was prohibitive for what i wanted. Ordered a Galco King Tuk from optics planet, but after being strung along for a month of in stock vs. back ordered, I canceled the order and started my search over. I received a recommendation on another forum to check out this custom holster maker. Dustin at Ozarks Holsters made the ordering process Super easy, and turn around time was one day from order to ship. Holsters made of horse Hyde, and premium connectors. Holsters were $40 each, shipped.

Here's a link to this guy's work displayed. Ozarks Holster Co. - IWB Kydex/Horsehide **Shield and P290 now available!!** - Topic
    Attached Images
    Pyzik and halfcocked94 like this.

The images look a lot like the Crossbreed. I have already ordered Crossbreed and am awaiting delivery. Good luck with the one you picked up. These holsters all look similar.
    ConcealedSr9c likes this.
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

They do look similar. This holster maker includes the horse hide and combat cut gratis, which CB charges an extra $25 for. I also have heard that Ozarks quality is as good, if not better than CB, but I will wait until my holster arrives in a few days to comment.

The one thing I have experienced is amazing customer service. Dustin created my holster to order and emailed me pics of my holsters prior to shipping. Ordered in a sat, shipped on a mon. Can't get much better than that...
    Aceoky likes this.

Thanks for the link ordered one for my cm9 this morning, per his email could be in my hands as early as the first of next week! I've already got a cb super tuck for my XDM so it'll be good to compare!

Phillip

Quote Originally Posted by ncsu08ms3 View Post
    Thanks for the link ordered one for my cm9 this morning, per his email could be in my hands as early as the first of next week! I've already got a cb super tuck for my XDM so it'll be good to compare!

Phillip
    Hi Phillip,

I anxiously await your comparison between this and the Super Tuck. Been looking at several of these types of holsters and this seems like a great value.

-Moe

He sent me an email this morning, with photos of the finished product and said that it was shipping out today, hopefully I'll get it before I head out of town next week, I'd like to wear it a week and then report back my thoughts. It looks good in photo and his turn around time is crazy fast, of course if he gets blasted with business that could slow down considerably, but he was quick for me.

Phillip

Quick up date holster showed up in the mail today, ordered on Wednesday, showed up on Saturday. Dustin kept me updated with emails the whole time, including photos of the finished product before they shipped. Here are my photos of it including a side by side with my super tuck for my XDM.

Initial impression, this holster is great quality, and since its "base" model is horsehide and combat cut I'd say the ozark takes the cake, communication, production and shipping times are top of the line. Can't wait to wear this thing for a while, but I can imagine it being as comfortable, if not more comfortable than my super tuck, that was twice the price and 10 times the waiting time. I'll be a repeat ozark customer when I need another!

Phillip
    Last edited by ncsu08ms3; September 30th, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
    Pyzik likes this.

Glad I could toss a referral your way. I'm impressed with my holsters.
    ncsu08ms3 likes this.

Looks pretty good.

Great info. Thank you, Phillip.
    ncsu08ms3 likes this.

Just a quick follow up, I spent the weekend in the mountains of NC/TN driving as many twisty roads as I could find with my car club, put almost 1000 miles on my car in 3 days of driving in my heavily bolstered Genesis Coupe seats. The ozarks couldn't have been any better, it was like it was almost not even there. My wallet in my back pocket bothered me more than the gun and holster. Great break in for it.

Phillip

Can you possibly post this guys email for us so we don't have to make a sig forum account just to view it?

yeah, his name is Dustin Osborne, dosborn81@yahoo.com

Phillip
    Aceoky likes this.

Had to bump this thread. This guy is great. I have a crossbreed super tuck deluxe for my ruger sr40c and just received my holster from Dustin for my springfield emp. His holster is amazing quality and literally is the same thing as the crossbreed without the fancy logo on the clips. Available in black horsehide as well as brown cow hide just like crossbreed and the clips are adjustable for cant the same as crossbreed. And the best parts about it? It's only $40.00 SHIPPED. AND his turn around time is great. Ordered Tuesday oct.9th received today Monday oct.15th. His email is dosborn81@yahoo.com give him a shot. Here's is a pic:
    ncsu08ms3 and Matt Del Fatti like this.

Doesn't mar the finish any? I'd like one for my Kimber 1911.

Jim

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links