Defensive Carry banner

Custom holsters at half the price!!!

22K views 97 replies 45 participants last post by  Aceoky 
#1 ·
Did a lot of research on IWB holsters. Liked the Crossbreeds, but cost was prohibitive for what i wanted. Ordered a Galco King Tuk from optics planet, but after being strung along for a month of in stock vs. back ordered, I canceled the order and started my search over. I received a recommendation on another forum to check out this custom holster maker. Dustin at Ozarks Holsters made the ordering process Super easy, and turn around time was one day from order to ship. Holsters made of horse Hyde, and premium connectors. Holsters were $40 each, shipped.

Here's a link to this guy's work displayed. Ozarks Holster Co. - IWB Kydex/Horsehide **Shield and P290 now available!!** - Topic

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
They do look similar. This holster maker includes the horse hide and combat cut gratis, which CB charges an extra $25 for. I also have heard that Ozarks quality is as good, if not better than CB, but I will wait until my holster arrives in a few days to comment.

The one thing I have experienced is amazing customer service. Dustin created my holster to order and emailed me pics of my holsters prior to shipping. Ordered in a sat, shipped on a mon. Can't get much better than that...

#6 ·
He sent me an email this morning, with photos of the finished product and said that it was shipping out today, hopefully I'll get it before I head out of town next week, I'd like to wear it a week and then report back my thoughts. It looks good in photo and his turn around time is crazy fast, of course if he gets blasted with business that could slow down considerably, but he was quick for me.

Phillip

#7 · (Edited)
Quick up date holster showed up in the mail today, ordered on Wednesday, showed up on Saturday. Dustin kept me updated with emails the whole time, including photos of the finished product before they shipped. Here are my photos of it including a side by side with my super tuck for my XDM.

Initial impression, this holster is great quality, and since its "base" model is horsehide and combat cut I'd say the ozark takes the cake, communication, production and shipping times are top of the line. Can't wait to wear this thing for a while, but I can imagine it being as comfortable, if not more comfortable than my super tuck, that was twice the price and 10 times the waiting time. I'll be a repeat ozark customer when I need another!

Phillip

#11 ·
Just a quick follow up, I spent the weekend in the mountains of NC/TN driving as many twisty roads as I could find with my car club, put almost 1000 miles on my car in 3 days of driving in my heavily bolstered Genesis Coupe seats. The ozarks couldn't have been any better, it was like it was almost not even there. My wallet in my back pocket bothered me more than the gun and holster. Great break in for it.

Phillip

#14 ·
Had to bump this thread. This guy is great. I have a crossbreed super tuck deluxe for my ruger sr40c and just received my holster from Dustin for my springfield emp. His holster is amazing quality and literally is the same thing as the crossbreed without the fancy logo on the clips. Available in black horsehide as well as brown cow hide just like crossbreed and the clips are adjustable for cant the same as crossbreed. And the best parts about it? It's only $40.00 SHIPPED. AND his turn around time is great. Ordered Tuesday oct.9th received today Monday oct.15th. His email is dosborn81@yahoo.com give him a shot. Here's is a pic:

#16 ·
I haven't had mine but a week, it's the same quality as my crossbreed, so I expect it to mar no less or more than any other kydex leather hybrid. Honestly though all holsters are eventually going to show holster wear on the gun if you carry it any length of time, if you want a pristine looking gun, keep it in the safe. Mine are tools, tools show wear.....

Phillip

#18 ·
Having recently acquired my first compact 1911, I needed a new holster. I hopped on DC forum looking through these holster threads, found this one and figured I would give a fellow Missourian a chance. I sent Dustin an email on the 17th with my order. Today (24th) I got my new holster in the mail. I love it, and couldn't be happier. Fully adjustable, well made, great cut and tight fit. If you are in the market, you will get a well made IWB holster, in a timely manner, for an excellent price. At least thats my experience.

#20 ·
Dustin Came Through

Last Sunday I read about these great holsters and just had to have one. I emailed Dustin 7pm Sunday night & asked if I could get one ASAP and he said sure. I ordered it then and it came today Thursday 11am. It is everything l I expected and I'm sure it will get a lot of use. Thanks Dustin and Happy Holidays to all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.