Kirkpatrick Leather Co Hidden Defense (TXC)

This is a discussion on Kirkpatrick Leather Co Hidden Defense (TXC) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been a fan of the Milt Sparks VMII for years now and have one for every one of my carry guns. I have ...

Thread: Kirkpatrick Leather Co Hidden Defense (TXC)

Kirkpatrick Leather Co Hidden Defense (TXC)

I have been a fan of the Milt Sparks VMII for years now and have one for every one of my carry guns. I have a brown one for my Glock 23 and recently went looking for a black one.

I placed a WTB on numerous forums and waited a week with no responses. Even E-Bay didn't have one.

I found and purchased a Kirkpatrick Leather Co Hidden Defense (TXC) from AR15.com and am waiting on the seller to ship it. Below is a link to Kirkpatrick's webpage.

Concealed carry iwb gun leather holsters and accesories - Hidden Defense TXC

Here is a pic of the actual holster with matching mag holder. Black trimmed with hippo.

Does anyone have any experience with these holsters?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Ads

I have one for a CZ75, and it's a very good holster. It's not quite up to the quality of a VMII though. The leather is a little lighter weight, and I vastly prefer the VMII's metal reinforced mouth, although that could be considered a matter of personal preference. The Kirkpatrick's reinforcement is strong enough that re-holstering can be done safely with one hand.

The snaps on mine are not one-way which I found unusual, but I've not had any issues with them. I find the "fat flap" bends over a little easier than the Sparks - it's a single layer of leather instead of two.

I think you'll be happy with it - that hippo looks beautiful (although I've always wondered about the point of exotic hides on IWB holsters...).

I'm actually going to start carrying my CZ more and I just ordered VMII's for it and a compact to be purchased as soon as I can find one. I'll be perfectly happy carrying in the TXC for the 6 mo. or so while waiting on the VMIIs.

Quote Originally Posted by raytracer View Post
    I have one for a CZ75, and it's a very good holster. It's not quite up to the quality of a VMII though. The leather is a little lighter weight, and I vastly prefer the VMII's metal reinforced mouth, although that could be considered a matter of personal preference. The Kirkpatrick's reinforcement is strong enough that re-holstering can be done safely with one hand.

The snaps on mine are not one-way which I found unusual, but I've not had any issues with them. I find the "fat flap" bends over a little easier than the Sparks - it's a single layer of leather instead of two.

I think you'll be happy with it - that hippo looks beautiful (although I've always wondered about the point of exotic hides on IWB holsters...).

I'm actually going to start carrying my CZ more and I just ordered VMII's for it and a compact to be purchased as soon as I can find one. I'll be perfectly happy carrying in the TXC for the 6 mo. or so while waiting on the VMIIs.
    Thanks for the info.

I agree about the exotic hides on IWB holsters but for the price I couldn't pass this holster up.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Absolute garbage! Kirkpatrick leather claims to make "custom holsters", they do not however, unless you have a cookie cutter gun for their mass produced holsters. Don't attempt to have anything custom made, they will accept your order and then tell you they can't do it a week later. Don't bother wasting your time.

Links