Crossbreed IWB without a belt possible?

This is a discussion on Crossbreed IWB without a belt possible? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a Glock 23 gen 4 and I am trying to decide what IWB holster I want. Really like the Crossbreeds but I ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mprp

Thread: Crossbreed IWB without a belt possible?

I just bought a Glock 23 gen 4 and I am trying to decide what IWB holster I want. Really like the Crossbreeds but I don't always wear a belt. Is it possible to use a CB without a belt or should I be looking at other options? Thanks for any replies.

Bill

It is possible but not ideal. A good gun belt makes using a holster much easier. I have used it in gym shorts and cinched them up tight and it worked.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BillK01 View Post
    I just bought a Glock 23 gen 4 and I am trying to decide what IWB holster I want. Really like the Crossbreeds but I don't always wear a belt. Is it possible to use a CB without a belt or should I be looking at other options? Thanks for any replies.

Bill
    THE HOLSTER STORE | I used this website. Although I wear I belt I don't use the belt for my holster. I find the clip works just find on my pants.

I don't know about cb but give this place a try.

I wouldn't recommend it at all. Even with a belt that isn't thick enough or ideal for a holster, you run the risk of drawing your holster out along with your firearm. It was designed to be used with a gun belt. If you're not going to be wearing a belt at times, get a holster that is designed not to be used with a belt. I have a CBST and the belt clips are very stiff and aren't meant to hold the holster using pressure. They hold the holster in place while you draw your weapon by hooking on the bottom of a gun belt when lifted.
    joker1 and ArkhmAsylm like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

It's possible as long as you don't move much. Not very comfortable though, and you certainly don't want to have to draw and out comes the holster, those clips wrap around a belt for a reason. :)

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    I just got used to wearing a belt...it wasn't worth it for me to have to worry about a difficult draw.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I have a lighter pistol PT22,Llama 32,but use in iwb in drawstring shorts via pocket type holster that wont stick to pocket yet does to shorts ,shirt etc,with a heavier pistol one risks brandishing their peashooter in more ways than one.
    With anything heavier you will be cinching pants up all the time,without a belt.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    When using an IWB holster, the belt is part of the "retention" system. So, a belt is important for IWB.

I have used an IWB holster without a belt. But, only when walking in my yard or lounging around the house. If I go out in public, I want to have an effiicent CC system that will work in the way it was designed. (IWB carry was designed with the use of a GOOD gunbelt in mind!)

-

Thank you all for the replies - guess I'm off to research my various options....and make a "help me spend my money post"!

Bill

Sponsored Links