Best Concealment Holster for Rapid Handgun Presentation / Access

This is a discussion on Best Concealment Holster for Rapid Handgun Presentation / Access within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone, was wondering if anyone here has found a holster that truly delivers in terms of total concealment and rapid handgun presentation / access. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Best Concealment Holster for Rapid Handgun Presentation / Access

Best Concealment Holster for Rapid Handgun Presentation / Access

Hello everyone, was wondering if anyone here has found a holster that truly delivers in terms of total concealment and rapid handgun presentation / access. I'm a former LEO with a background in special units but, I haven't carried for quite some time and I swear the number of available holsters has increased exponentially. I've already got the proverbial "drawer full of holsters" and I'm not really interested in adding more to it. I'm new to this whole forum thing so I hope I did this right, not really sure what a thread and sticky post are. Regardless, any insight you have to offer would be greatly appreciated. I've already done some research and I have a few holsters in mind but, I'm interested to know what others are using and if anyone has found a particular holster that really stands out in terms of the above mentioned criteria. I'm carrying a G27 and I'd like to be able to conceal it with my shirt tucked in as well as out. Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Concealment Solutions - Black Mamba

Concealment Solutions - Custom made concealment holsters

I have one and love it. They have great customer service as well. However, you are going to get tons of different answers. There are a lot of good holster makers out there. This just happens to be the one I prefer (based on your criteria).

An appendix carry holster would give you the fastest access to your firearm, but it would print like nobody's business if you tucked your shirt in.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

^^^^^

Yeah, I've found that appendix carry will give the slight edge in presentation time as well...

I've also found my recently aquired spare tire makes this method of carry extremely uncomfortable!

Any of the good quality kydex hybrid holsters should fit the bill...

I carry a G19 (slightly larger than a 27) in a Galco King Tuk everywhere but church and work.

I am able to tuck, but rarely do so... just not my style.

Good luck in your endeavors...

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Sorry, took me a second to figure out how to respond here. I should've stipulated that I was talking about AIWB carry and I know exactly what you mean about the printing issue, hence the reason for this thread post. There's no doubt that appendix carry offers an edge but, I'm also looking for something I can conceal regardless of where I might be going. G27 isn't big in terms of size so I would think that there has to be something out there. I'm looking at the EHUD by Dale Fricke, Minotaur Nuetral by Comp-tac, and the ACR by Raven (not sure if you can tuck a shirt with the ACR, or any of them for that matter, and still keep your handgun concealed.) Also not sure what SOP is terms of responding to replies but, thanks to both of you for your input. I looked at the Mamba, it looks like a lot of material. What kind of clothes do you typically wear with that? And to kerberos, do you find that you can hide your handgun underneath a dress shirt when you tuck?

Dale Fricke makes great products. I have his Archangel, Zach, and a mag holder from him for my Glock 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

An excellent, low cost holster is the Mr. Softy from High Noon Holsters.

It's small and light, there is a tuckable option, too.

The only downside would be that it's a real thin leather. While that aids in comfort, a two-handed reholster is necessary because it doesn't have a reinforced mouth.

I also have a High Noon Public Secret leather holster. It's an excellent holster, I think. Although, I'm beginning to prefer appendix holsters with loops, instead of clips. The clips are easy to take on and off, but the loops give you an option of straddling a belt loop. That's important, to me, because the belt loops aren't always in the same place when using different brands of pants.

Excellent AIWB info right here.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

brooney6 likes this.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

How is the concealment on those? Have you ever tried wearing them with a tucked shirt? My wife likes to go out on the town and I can't stomach the thought of going back to jackets and sweaters when it's hot. Dealing with it for now but, I have to find something else. Also, any success in hiding them under a T-shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
    Sorry, took me a second to figure out how to respond here. I should've stipulated that I was talking about AIWB carry and I know exactly what you mean about the printing issue, hence the reason for this thread post. There's no doubt that appendix carry offers an edge but, I'm also looking for something I can conceal regardless of where I might be going. G27 isn't big in terms of size so I would think that there has to be something out there. I'm looking at the EHUD by Dale Fricke, Minotaur Nuetral by Comp-tac, and the ACR by Raven (not sure if you can tuck a shirt with the ACR, or any of them for that matter, and still keep your handgun concealed.) Also not sure what SOP is terms of responding to replies but, thanks to both of you for your input. I looked at the Mamba, it looks like a lot of material. What kind of clothes do you typically wear with that? And to kerberos, do you find that you can hide your handgun underneath a dress shirt when you tuck?
    No problem at all.

Blouse properly and dark colors help when tucked.

I've never been made.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

I personally use a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe. I carry my Glock 30 in it all day everyday, and have for several months. Since I have got used to it, most of the time I don't even realize I have it on. The folks who have a G30 will attest to the fact that it can be somewhat of a chunk little piece of hardware to carry. However, I don't have any problems with the SuperTuck. It is a very comfortable holster.

Now I will admit I have done some 'whittling' on the holster to suit my personal taste. I have basically cut away all of the upper portion of the holster even with the top of the belt clips. The reason for doing this was I didn't like the way I had to extract the weapon from the holster. Due to the upper portion of the leather I found myself having to extract the weapon from the holster by using my thumb on the front of the rear sight. I didn't like that.

When I draw I want my hand on the weapon in the place it will be when fired. I have not noticed any lack of comfort since making the modifications.

Another suggestion specifically for the G30 would be to purchase a 9 round magazine versus the 10 round with the pinky grip. You will find by doing this you will significantly reduce any printing.

If you will watch this video from Hickok45 I have done the same to my SuperTuck.

Legal Carry ( Inside the Waistband) - YouTube

Another suggestion I would make is to purchase a quality belt for whatever IWB holster you choose. Personally I wear a DeSantis 1-1/2" Plain Lined Belt with the SuperTuck holster. I have had good luck with this belt although there are hundreds of quality belts to choose from.

1 1/2" Plain Lined Belt — DeSantis Holster

I also carry a .38 Chiefs Special J-Frame in a DeSantis Cozy Partner that I have had good luck with.

J 36, 37, 60, 317, 331, 337, 360 2 1/4" — DeSantis Holster

There are many options available. Best of luck to you.
    brooney6 likes this.

Ok, so this is interesting. I do a Google search on "Total Concealment Rapid Access Shirt Tucked In Sparrow" to try and get a peek at how the guy in the video is actually doing this. A bunch of nothing comes up so, I drop the Sparrow and search for "Total Concealment Rapid Access Shirt Tucked In". At the top of the list is a link for a video titled "CL4 Holsters -Rapid Access with Your Shirt Tucked In or Out." I know I've searched for rapid access concealment before and I've never seen this. Also, there is already a link for this sticky post there. Anyways, has anyone ever heard of CL4 Holsters before? Video is of a guy rolling to one side and drawing a 1911 (totally concealed), at the end there's a website address of Tradecraft USA: Tradecraft USA's Official Website - Professional Grade Concealed Carry Holsters.. I would attach the video here but, I don't know how. I checked out the website a little and I'm really thinking about buying one of these holsters. Going to go check it out some more now and I'll report more later but, I was pretty excited about this and I wanted to know if anyone else has had any experience with this company or their holsters. PS- Thanks pfries for posting that video - It helped!

TOTAL concealment? Tucked shirt?

Option 1 - Smartcarry. Think of it as a low appendix carry. I wear mine at 11:00 (I'm right handed) so the barrel has more room down the front of my left leg. The draw is surprisingly fast, due to not having to sweep aside or untuck a cover garment prior to the draw. In the winter, you can leave the bottom of your coat undone for easy access. Wear dark colored pleated pants and even a large pistol will disappear.

Option 2 - Pocket carry. Your G27 might be a bit too large/heavy for that. I can fit my G26 in Dockers or my duty uniform pants (use it as a BUG). Most days off duty I pocket carry a LCR on the right and a LCP on the left. Pocket carry gives you the ability to already have a combat grip on the gun in an iffy situation, while still being discreet. This is a very important advantage IMHO - one I have used many times, on and off duty.

Good luck!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Just found something really cool thanks to pfries video and tried to share it but, it got pulled as soon as I hit post. I don't know how to post videos or links so I put info in text form. Not sure what happened.

Checked out the smart carry that seems to make sense, how thick is that strap? Have you or anyone else ever heard of CL4 Holsters by Tradecraft USA? I just found their site and I think I'm going to order one. Never seen anything like it but, it looks like it works great. I'm not sure about the pocket carry. I know a lot of guys on the force used to carry a back-up that way but once you're in the thick of a fight good luck getting to your handgun. I do agree that it's nice in terms of establishing the grip but, if you don't see it coming, you could be SOL. Plus, your pockets are the first place a bad guy is usually going to go. Just my two cents on that.

The strap on the Smartcarry is pretty thin.

I have not seen the CL4 before. Interesting. But if you are looking for "total" concealment, then that rules out anything around the waist, IMHO. You WILL print as you move around. Whether anyone notices depends on how observant they are - and in some cases, you may not want to rely on being around people who are clueless.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links