"Gun" holster belts, worth it? - Page 2

"Gun" holster belts, worth it?

This is a discussion on "Gun" holster belts, worth it? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just learned today, that the answer is Yes. This arrived today. The thickness and rigidness of the belt makes the cheap IWB holster i ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: "Gun" holster belts, worth it?

I just learned today, that the answer is Yes.

This arrived today. The thickness and rigidness of the belt makes the cheap IWB holster i have feel much better. The regular belt I was using really allowed allot of sagging. This is not a purpose built gun belt but there are many reviews by those that use it as such, and at ~ $32.00 shipped, it's a bargain.

-Moe
    Gforty likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gforty View Post
    What do you carry?
    What holster will you be using?
    Glock 26 in a King Tuk IWB holster

Quote Originally Posted by Lockout888 View Post
    Glock 26 in a King Tuk IWB holster
    See, I'm telling you that such a light weapon in an IWB and you won't be able to tell the difference between a gun belt and your $18.00 Dickey's belt. But don't take my word for it... get what you want and experiment. Let us know how it goes.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Is the extra money worth getting a Glock, Sig or SA over a highpoint?
    CJM likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
    Is the extra money worth getting a Glock, Sig or SA over a highpoint?
    Completely unfair comparison.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    See, I'm telling you that such a light weapon in an IWB and you won't be able to tell the difference between a gun belt and your $18.00 Dickey's belt. But don't take my word for it... get what you want and experiment. Let us know how it goes.
    - I agree with this. I carry IWB exclusively with my gun being a Kahr PM9 or a Glock 19. I bought a Beltman, which is considered one of the best gun belts on the market. I bought the version with 7 holes and still found it to be uncomfortable. It was too stiff and I couldn't get it to conform to my body the way I liked. I could see how it would be much better for a OWB holster.

I have a custom Wilderness Tactical style belt from Advanced Outfitters (Khyber Belt) that is infinitely adjustable and is much more comfortable.
    Brad426 likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I bought a bladetech looper gunbelt on sale $40 a couple years ago and it works great.Glad I bought it, and now I have actually considered not being so cheap and for my next gunbelt actually get a beltman. After all if a cheap $40 belt has worked great for me the last 2 years and still going strong, I can only imagine how great the beltman is .
    A friend will help you move. A real friend will help move the bodies.

I live in Idaho where Open Carry is widely accepted. I suppose a belt would be ok, but its not my personal preference. I prefer shoulder holsters myself. I bought a cheap bulldog shoulder holster for my 1911 and absolutely hated it, *that's what I get for going cheap*. There are high dollar quality shoulder holsters designed for concealed carry, but for the same price, I, or likely your local leatherman could craft you one.

Personally I make custom shoulder holsters designed for concealed and open carry for $85. If interested you can shoot an email to djsleatherworks@gmail.com. If not, like I mentioned earlier, you could likely find a local leatherman to build one for you. I will always recommend having one made, as its almost ALWAYS cheaper, and you still get that $160+ quality.

While researching gun belts over a year ago, maybe 2 by now, I bought a Dickies in Walmart. Nice thick leather belt and it was around $20. I also had ordered a Looper Bun belt. The Looper has been sitting in my draw for close to 2 years. Just today I noticed the hole on my Dickie is tearing. Now I will finally start to use the Looper.

So, my opinion thus far is you don't need an expensive gun belt if you get the right, heavy leather belt.

I'm not sure what company made the belts one of the gun stores locally was selling, but I found a belt at Walmart (could be Dickies?) that is way stiffer. It was stiff enough that I was kind of reluctant to wear it at first. lol

With that in mind though, unless you can find a belt as stiff or reinforced as a "dedicated" gun belt, stick with a gun belt. Regular belts won't cut it in the long run.

multistage likes this.

For me personally a good gun belt is worth it. I figure with the cost already expended for a good weapon, holster and other EDC gear why skimp on a good belt. That's just me tho. I've built my system to fit what I like down to the pants/shorts I wear.

Quote Originally Posted by RC12 View Post
    I'm not sure what company made the belts one of the gun stores locally was selling, but I found a belt at Walmart (could be Dickies?) that is way stiffer. It was stiff enough that I was kind of reluctant to wear it at first. lol

With that in mind though, unless you can find a belt as stiff or reinforced as a "dedicated" gun belt, stick with a gun belt. Regular belts won't cut it in the long run.
    +1 on this, Dickies are da bomb! Why do they work so well? Because Dickies' products are made for "blue collar" professions (Construction, Industrial Maintenance, etc.) which require rugged,heavy-duty accessories to hold utility belts, etc.
    Honey, I forgot to duck.- Ronald Reagan

The most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".- Ronald Reagan

The first time I put on a proper gun belt I had a "oh, wow" experience. Comfort and proper holster angle were amazing. And, I'm using nylon or synthetic versions. LAPoliceGear-dot-com is affordable.
    Skillet Hot!

Absolutely. I have several myself. AG is the way to go, worth every nickel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links