Kaluban Cloak?

Kaluban Cloak?

This is a discussion on Kaluban Cloak? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is it a good concealment holster? Thinking about getting one for my Walther P99. Thanks, Stu...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bark'n

Thread: Kaluban Cloak?

Kaluban Cloak?

Is it a good concealment holster?
    Thinking about getting one for my Walther P99.
    Thanks,

Stu

C Hawk favors them, did a video on his. I expect he will be along and throw you the link.

Here is the site: Kaluban Cloak I don't know any facts about the holster but I think the redhead might be a terrorist. I made my own kydex pocket holster for the P-238 and there are sites you can get all the parts and instructions. The parts will cost less than half the commercial price but takes a few hours of easy work to do a good job.
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

Just a friendly reminder.

When you have questions like that, it is extremely helpful if you post a link to the website. It's kind of a party foul to ask for our opinions and then make us track it down and hunt for it too. Pictures are helpful as well.

Thanks for posting the link Lindy1933.

As far as the holster goes, it looks like a pretty decent kydex holster.

There are tons of kydex holsters being made today because they have become so popular. They are thin, lightweight, offer good friction retention, are durable and relatively maintenance free. The good ones work great, and I have a few decent ones.

There are a lot of them which have what I call, design flaws which can cause various issues and be annoying to the wearer. This is especially true when it comes to concealability. If they do not form well to the curvature of the body, or have poorly designed belt attachments, they can make the rig harder to conceal.

I think a lot of these design flaws are due to the inexperience of the manufacturer who are just in it to make a buck.

As far as this particular brand, I have no experience with them. However, the photos look to be of decent quality, design and workmanship.
    mdmorgan likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Just a friendly reminder.

When you have questions like that, it is extremely helpful if you post a link to the website. It's kind of a party foul to ask for our opinions and then make us track it down and hunt for it too. Pictures are helpful as well.

Thanks for posting the link Lindy1933.

As far as the holster goes, it looks like a pretty decent kydex holster.

There are tons of kydex holsters being made today because they have become so popular. They are thin, lightweight, offer good friction retention, are durable and relatively maintenance free. The good ones work great, and I have a few decent ones.

There are a lot of them which have what I call, design flaws which can cause various issues and be annoying to the wearer. This is especially true when it comes to concealability. If they do not form well to the curvature of the body, or have poorly designed belt attachments, they can make the rig harder to conceal.

I think a lot of these design flaws are due to the inexperience of the manufacturer who are just in it to make a buck.

As far as this particular brand, I have no experience with them. However, the photos look to be of decent quality, design and workmanship.
    I agree. One thing you might want to look for is having Kydex formed tightly into the ejection port. This will cause the sharp edge of the ejection port to shave kydex every time the gun is drawn. These shavings will lead to premature finish wear.

I used an IWB Kydex holster when I first started carrying around 6 years ago,I ended up glueing some sheepskin on the body side to provide comfort,it's possible to do the same with leather,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have two for OWB, Walther PPS and XDM. They are well made and fit tight against the body and more comfortable than IWB. I am impressed with the sweat shield being thin and the mag holders are great.
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

VIP Member
    Hi,

Here is a link to a little review I did on youtube. These holsters are superb come at a good price point and are readily available.

Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Links