Help gotta buy a holster I don't need

This is a discussion on Help gotta buy a holster I don't need within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a very strong compulsion to buy a holster even though I have a great one I love and use everyday. I carry in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Help gotta buy a holster I don't need

I have a very strong compulsion to buy a holster even though I have a great one I love and use everyday. I carry in a Blade- Tech IWB but I want to buy a OWB. I know I don't need it but I can't shake the urge.

Why not? Everyone needs a bunch of holsters they keep in a drawer.
    DIRO305 and bigmacque like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

VIP Member
    Since you don't need it, you won't mind waiting, so you may as well get one of the very best:
    Def-Con holsters by Brommeland Gunleather
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Beyond OWB, do you have any must-have criteria? Such as ... needing absolute concealment; close-fitting to the body; certain positioning along the belt; high/low ride; cant; etc?

IMO, if you have never done OWB previously, check the "pancake" styles from any of a score of the top holster makers. Plenty of good ones to choose from. Everyone should have at least one decent OWB pancake style holster in the stable. A <search> in the Holsters/Gear forum for keyword=pancake can find you a number of good discussion threads.

My preference: Fist Holsters ... #7, #8, #9, #10, #13 or #15. One nice benefit of Fist is that they can generally make a handful of basic alterations to their holsters to customize it per your requirements (ie, cant, sweat shield, thumb break, and the like). Good value, too.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Yeah it has to be tight to the body hi ride and not a fortune.

I'll check out the fist.

Unfortunately, "OWB" is too short of a keyword for a <search> using the DC search tool. However, a Google internet search for "OWB site:defensivecarry.com" calls up a few previous discussions, including these two:

If the Fist line doesn't strike your fancy, check any of the holster makers in the Sponsors section of the forums. Additionally, many previous discussions have had numerous people post about the holsters from these makers: Ugly Bald Guy Holsters, Milt Sparks (ie, the PMK or 55BN), or Don Hume (ie, the 721OT). Though, there are plenty of great holster makers out there. If nothing else, these might give you some ideas.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I appreciate the feed back. I'll check those out. But the pathological urge vs. common sense battle still wages on. Thanks guys.

Heck, holsters are only $5.00 each. Or so my wife thinks.
    FUZZ likes this.

I use a Fobus Evolution paddle holster for my LCP. Got it off of Amazon.com for $25. Very nice quality. It will keep me happy until my Crossbreed holster arrives.

I always just tell the wife I traded something old I didn't use much. its worked so far.
    -You know Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

-Susie, if you want to see your doll again, leave $100 in this envelope by the tree out front. Do not call the police. You cannot trace us. You cannot find us. Sincerely, Calvin

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Hmmm. Let me do some research and I'll get back to you about which one to get. I'll even give you an address to send it to "for strorage". For free, even. Won't charge a thing to store it.

I appreciate all the feed back and the offers for storage:-). I've settled on a Raven Phantom.

Damn now I'll need a freakin new gunbelt also.....

Well.... for a long time ... there have been 3 holsters I've wanted for 3 different guns, ..... and finally decided that since I still want them after this long, I should just go ahead and get it out of my system and order them. So I did, last night. None of the 3 are anything I need, just fall into the "like to have" . Some times... you have to feed the bear.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links