Versa Carry

This is a discussion on Versa Carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently bought an IWB holster through versa carry. It is an amazingly light and inexpensive holster that is easy to conceal. Check them out ...

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Versa Carry

  1. #1
    New Member Array andrewm1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    1

    Versa Carry

    I recently bought an IWB holster through versa carry.
    It is an amazingly light and inexpensive holster that is easy to conceal.
    Check them out at Versacarry :: The Original ZeroBulk Holster

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    14,599
    Concept is okay but what protects the other side of the trigger?
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  4. #3
    VIP Member Array Thunder71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,469
    I'll pass... just like every other Versacarry thread that comes up. Here, shove this up the barrel of your unloaded gun and leave one side of the trigger wide open for good measure.

    No thanks.
    Last edited by Thunder71; October 2nd, 2012 at 06:07 PM.

  5. #4
    Member Array lyz_grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I'll pass... just like every other Versacarry thread that comes up. Here, shove this up the barrel of your unloaded gun and leave one side of the trigger wide open for good measure.

    No thanks.
    Glad to see this... I posted something to the same effect on a versacarry thread a while back and felt like I was in the minority. Didn't the trigger guard used to be an optional feature? I thought I remembered no trigger protection whatsoever. I could be wrong.

    ETA: Nevermind, I see you can still take it off. That'd make me mucho nervous!!

  6. #5
    Senior Member Array WoodLark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Aiken, SC
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    Glad to see this... I posted something to the same effect on a versacarry thread a while back and felt like I was in the minority. Didn't the trigger guard used to be an optional feature? I thought I remembered no trigger protection whatsoever. I could be wrong.

    ETA: Nevermind, I see you can still take it off. That'd make me mucho nervous!!
    The original Versacarry did not have the trigger guard; it was added in response to criticism. However, in order to add it, they made the hanger strut (?) more rigid. I have the Versacarry 2, but I've never carried it. Because of the rigidity, it is very hard to mount the gun onto the barrel pin. The concept of a "barrel pin" holster is one that I like, but their implementation leaves something to be desired.

    There is another holster system called "CL4 Advantage" that uses the barrel pin concept, but uses leather for the trigger guard (one side or both sides depending on model) and a flexible lanyard to attach it to the belt. I've ordered one to evaluate (I am an admitted holster addict who probably needs therapy).
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

  7. #6
    Member Array ejes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    39.02N 95.68W
    Posts
    170
    no thanks.

  8. #7
    Member Array TAC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North East United States
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Concept is okay but what protects the other side of the trigger?
    Hi OldVet, not trying to stir up controversy here but I'm curious why you feel that the inside of the trigger needs protected? (Same question to Thunder71 as well) It appears to me that there is adequate protection to the outside, and the inside is essentially up against your body, so what are you protecting the trigger from? Just interested to know what your line of thinking is on this.

  9. #8
    Senior Member Array Fausty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    oshkosh wisconsin
    Posts
    959
    basically a kydex version of "coat hanger carry"...for $25.
    Last edited by Fausty; October 2nd, 2012 at 10:55 PM.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

    Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

  10. #9
    VIP Member Array Thunder71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,469
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
    Hi OldVet, not trying to stir up controversy here but I'm curious why you feel that the inside of the trigger needs protected? (Same question to Thunder71 as well) It appears to me that there is adequate protection to the outside, and the inside is essentially up against your body, so what are you protecting the trigger from? Just interested to know what your line of thinking is on this.
    I don't like exposed triggers, period.

    Tapatalk - Helping people post from bathrooms since 2009.

  11. #10
    Member Array TAC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North East United States
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I don't like exposed triggers, period.
    Hi Thunder71, appreciate the feedback and again I'm not trying to stir up controversy here but, what exactly is the trigger exposed to? I just ordered a CL4 Executive and I will admit that one of the reasons I chose this model is because it offers trigger protection on both sides. But I've been thinking about this and I'm wondering why we really need protection for both sides of the trigger on an IWB holster. If your handgun is up against your body, and your skin is essentially leather, then what is a trigger exposed to that would make this dangerous? I mean what is going to get inside your pants and behind your handgun? Am I missing something here?

  12. #11
    New Member Array Zac25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NE ark
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
    Hi Thunder71, appreciate the feedback and again I'm not trying to stir up controversy here but, what exactly is the trigger exposed to? I just ordered a CL4 Executive and I will admit that one of the reasons I chose this model is because it offers trigger protection on both sides. But I've been thinking about this and I'm wondering why we really need protection for both sides of the trigger on an IWB holster. If your handgun is up against your body, and your skin is essentially leather, then what is a trigger exposed to that would make this dangerous? I mean what is going to get inside your pants and behind your handgun? Am I missing something here?
    i think the main concept of a trigger guard is to cut down on the number of ND's. the guard is a constant. Your skin aka the leather is moving. If my safety on my 1911 was not engaged it wouldn't take much for that sucker to go bang. So, I want it covered. But if you don't mind then hammer down. It's yours you can carry however you feel comfortable.

  13. #12
    Member Array TAC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North East United States
    Posts
    26
    Got a few things going on today but, I have some downtime right now so I tried to induce an AD (the kind that goes click) with skin and clothing on a few different handguns including a 1911, wasn't successful. Even cocked a few of them and tried it single-action, tucked IWB, no holster, trigger protection, or safety. Gotta say, it's pretty darn difficult to cause an AD without the use of your trigger finger.

  14. #13
    Senior Member Array WoodLark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Aiken, SC
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac25 View Post
    i think the main concept of a trigger guard is to cut down on the number of ND's. the guard is a constant. Your skin aka the leather is moving. If my safety on my 1911 was not engaged it wouldn't take much for that sucker to go bang. So, I want it covered. But if you don't mind then hammer down. It's yours you can carry however you feel comfortable.
    What about the 1911 grip safety?
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

  15. #14
    Distinguished Member
    Array Richard58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Charlotte area of North Carolina
    Posts
    1,914
    I think some pistols would be ok and others such as a glock, M&P would be a accident waiting to happen. Ur underware could ball up or fold over thus could or maybe get tangled in a trigger. But something with a external safety such as a 1911 I think u would be good to go.
    I carry a 642 and a model 65 4 inch round butt with a barami grip and feel good abt it due to a heavy trigger pull.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

  16. #15
    Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Under a rock.
    Posts
    1,763
    I think the Versacarry is a neat idea,...but not for me.

    1. No swear guard=not for me.
    2. Lack of a (proper) trigger guard.


    "To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

cl4 advantage holster
,
does versacarry have faults
,
glock 26 remora vs versacarry
,
glock 26 versa carry
,

glock 26 versacarry

,
versa carry
,

versacarry

,
versacarry accident
,

versacarry glock 26

,

versacarry promo code

,

versacarry trigger guard

,
will versa carry mess up my gun
Click on a term to search for related topics.