Single Mag Pouch?

This is a discussion on Single Mag Pouch? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a single mag pouch. I might be leaning towards the Raven type. It looks like they take up a lot of real ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tmoore912

Thread: Single Mag Pouch?

Single Mag Pouch?

I'm looking for a single mag pouch. I might be leaning towards the Raven type. It looks like they take up a lot of real estate on the belt but look very slim and concealable. Who else makes that style? What all are y'all using?
    Michael "Iron Mike" Webb
    Texas Tactical
    WWW.TEXASTACTICAL.NET

2. Remove Ads

I bought a cheap black velcro single mag pouch at my LGS for like $10. It looks like it's a leatherman case or a knife, you can't tell it's a mag. I don't know exactly who made it though...

I have a Remora, that is iwb, takes up no real estate.... also have a couple of UBG... but they r a little bulkier, being leather, all depends on what ya want....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

DC
    For single mag carry I use a Nite Ize flashlight holster that I found at Lowe's for $10. I did buy for my carry light but later realized that it works great for my 16 round mag.

I use the "pistol mag pouch" from RM Holster Works I carry two. They are small, close fitting, and do a great job holding the magazine. I found this set-up better and more flexible than a couple of double mag holders I tried (wider, more rigid / less flexible, and did not stick as close to my body). I'm a fan.

If I'm wearing an untucked cover garment, I carry a 17-round spare mag in a Comp-Tac single mag pouch. It doesn't take up much room on the belt, rides high and close to the body, and has an adjustable tension screw. If I can't wear a suitable cover garment, I keep a shorty 12-round spare mag in a Desantis Mag-Packer in my front pants pocket. Note: For me, this only works with cargo pants or slacks, not in jeans. I'm not a big guy (31" waist), so my pants pockets tend to be correspondingly small.

Never tried the Raven type mag holders, but that big slab of pancaked kydex doesn't look too comfortable or flexible. Nevertheless, it'll probably ride nice and close.

Kytex Shooting Gear Mag Carriers are some of the best I have used. I also wanted a small footprint on the belt and minimalistic build. It's hard to beat his price.

I use them for G17/19. They conceal very well under light cover. I wouldn't carry them if they didn't.

xtalman likes this.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Links