advice on cross breed holster or king tuck - Page 2

advice on cross breed holster or king tuck

This is a discussion on advice on cross breed holster or king tuck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Had a king tuck for over a year and still wear it almost daily. It has carried commander and compact 1911's since I got it. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: advice on cross breed holster or king tuck

Had a king tuck for over a year and still wear it almost daily. It has carried commander and compact 1911's since I got it. Adjustable, affordable, what else do you need? As for tucking, yea, it does that pretty well too. Here is a pic of my hiding my Kimber Pro Carry 2.
    Attached Images

I wear it everyday and it is excellent. Takes a couple days to break in. Not familiar with the King holster. The reason they are not sold in stores is they are custom made after each order. Best you just go online to buy it, The belt they sell is also top quality. Whole package is around $140.
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I love my Crossbreed!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I have a crossbreed for my XDM, LOVE IT, but just recently saw a recommendation for an ozarks holster, and I can't say enough good things about it. Almost identical to my Crossbreed, half the price, horsehide instead of cowhide, ordered, made, delivered to my door in 4 days. A link to Ozarks info and recommendation from another member and photos of my rigs side by side along with a brief initial review can be found here: Custom holsters at half the price!!!

Phillip

My CBST is teets, so comfy.

Sent from up range, at about 3100 fps

Not to hijack the thread, but you might look at Old Faithful holsters. Similar design, but with thicker kydex and leather...also about half the price if you buy the stage 3 kit. I've had mine for over 6 weeks...carry a full-size 9mm S&W almost daily and it feels great. Just my two cents worth.

I love my CBST. I carry a Kimber Ultra CDP II every day and I forget it's there until something turns my condition to something other than white. To add to that though, I also wear a tank top undershirt that gets tucked in between me and the holster. Joker's ritual is similar to mine every day and +1 on a good gun belt as well.

I would use the metal clips instead of the velcro type that you can order that are supposed to make for a better concealment. I had the velcro type and the glue between the velcro strip and the plastic clip became so soft in hot weather that it pretty much melted away and came apart. (you would need a gun belt made with the velcro on the inside anyway) You'll find that you are going to spend some time adjusting the cant by positioning the clips where it fits best but once you get it down and give it a week or two, you'll forget you're wearing it as it conforms to your body. I think you'll be happy with it.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo411 View Post
    Both great holsters but check out Old Faithful Holsters. I have one for a P226 that I've been trying out for the last week. Thirty day trail period.

+1 On Old Faithful Holsters. Get the $40 kit and you can put it together in 10 minutes. Quality leather and tension is adjustable.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I love my CBST. I got the belt too with the velcro, and have had no problems, but it doesn't get too hot up here. The velcro clips give virtually no external indication that there is a holster there at all. Great customer service and warranty. No experience with the King Tuck, sorry.
    Walk softly ...

BigStick- Yeah I really liked the way that it concealed until the holster came loose and one of the velcro pads was still stuck to the belt. I used that style for maybe a month or so when that happened. I have no doubt that it may work for some but I just had a stroke of bad luck I guess. I didn't go to customer service over it. I just went back to the metal clips. I think if they had a design where the velcro pad was actually sewn onto the plastic clip, added to whatever adhesive they use, they'd have something there. I've thought about somehow doing it myself but I guess I've just been lazy.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I heard that the Crossbreed was one of the best IWB holsters you can buy, but I didn't want to wait 8 weeks for them to make one. The Kingtuk is a clone of the CBST. I bought the King Tuk instead and had it right away. I have been very happy with it so far.

I like the Crossbreed/kingtuk style of holster. I personally never use them for tucking as it is a terribly slow draw IMO, but I love the comfort, conceal-ability and adjustability of it.

That said, I prefer to buy from Thomy Theis Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters
    Fantastic service, lifetime warranty, cheaper than the famous makers, top notch quality. Plus much quicker to get your holster to you.

If you are in a big hurry, Comp-Tac has a M-Tac model which is a similar concept. I prefer my the holsters I got from Theis though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links