UBG Striker or SideGuard Double Clip for my S&W 908??

This is a discussion on UBG Striker or SideGuard Double Clip for my S&W 908?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for an IWB for my 908. Specifically I am looking at a UGB Striker or SideGuard Double Clip: UBG: SideGuard: Has anyone ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: UBG Striker or SideGuard Double Clip for my S&W 908??

UBG Striker or SideGuard Double Clip for my S&W 908??

I am looking for an IWB for my 908. Specifically I am looking at a UGB Striker or SideGuard Double Clip:

UBG:

SideGuard:

Has anyone delt with either of these holster makers? They are both the same price and I am looking for recommendations. Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

I've dealt with Nate at UBG, but I have no experience with sideguard yet. Nate does good work, has fair prices, and typically has pretty quick turn-around times. Make sure you read his website before emailing him any questions, as he can get a little touchy about people asking things that are answered on his site. The sideguard stuff looks great, and I've never read a bad review of any of their stuff. So, I don't really think you could go wrong with either one.

Sideguard are topnotch stuff I have a couple or three.

John

Quote Originally Posted by hfjeff View Post
    I am looking for an IWB for my 908. Specifically I am looking at a UGB Striker or SideGuard Double Clip:

UBG:

SideGuard:

Has anyone delt with either of these holster makers? They are both the same price and I am looking for recommendations. Thanks.
    I have three UBG Strikers and a fourth on the way...they are hard to beat IMO. I have the Sideguard Minimal Clip for a J-Frame. UBG has some seriously sturdy clips and the rigs are very well made. The Sideguard clip is nowhere near as stout as the ones on my Strikers, but for the J-Frame, it works really well. I also like Nate's fast turnaround and his prices are fair. For a dual clip, I'd go with UBG.

My biggest concern is comfort. I was originally looking for an OWB, but I had one and it did not conceal very well. So now I am looking for a thin IWB. I really liked the TT Gunleather Slim that was posted on another thread, but didn't want to spend that much but get similar comfort and quality.

Is there any advantage of clips over leather straps/snaps or vice-versa? I know a lot of purchasing a holster is just personal preference and fit.

I have A Striker for an XDS and an LCR. I love the fact that my guns ride in leather but have the simplicity of heavy duty metal clips. Easy on and off.

VIP Member
    My first holster from Nate came from a local forum before he had adopted a name for his business. I have one for every gun I own and it will remain that way as long as he is in business. I order one the day I pick up a gun and know that within days I'll have what I believe to be the best concealment holster available. Paired with a Looper belt everything is right with the world.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I have 2 Sideguard holsters - a IWB single snap tuckable for a j-frame and a IWB double snap tuckable that I use for both a M&P 45c and a 9c. I prefer the leather snaps to the clips, IMO, they seem more secure. I like both holsters and would recommend them. They may not be as thin as you may like, mine have the reinforced opening and I've had no problem wearing and concealing them.

I ended up ordering a black UBG Canute (leather straps with snaps)-no offense to SideGuard as I am sure they are great holsters as well. I will post a pic once it is here. Nate's lead time right now is only 2-4 weeks per his website. Thanks all for the advice and recommendations.

Arrived today. UBG Canute. Excellent fit and quality. It does come with a sweat shield which is partly why I went with this holster. I highly recommend Nate's work and it only took just over 2 weeks:

It's hard to get great picture quality of Black with a flash and without glare.

Thanks Nate!
    ironmike86 likes this.

Why the Canute over the Striker you originally wanted??

Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    Why the Canute over the Striker you originally wanted??
    This^ no easy on/off with this model

I picked up a Stoner Holster IWB for my CM9 and that one has a single clip and it does not release easily. The clip catches on the inside waistband of jeans and I have to really mess with it to get it to release. I talked with Nate from UBG and he said he preferred the snaps and I think with having 2 fastening points rather than the one like I have on my Stoner Holster, it would be twice as difficult to remove with the clips. The snaps/straps are fairly quick and easy to remove as rockymax indicated.

Just wondering. I have a Becker. One clip but it comes on and off easy. My others are Owb. I was thinking of getting a Canute also

I think you misread my post. I love the striker. This model holster is my favorite of any holster I have ever tried, specifically due to the ease of getting the holster on and off. I love the metal clips and have never had a problem with them.

That being said, it doesn't really matter. It's just one mans opinion. Very nice holster, enjoy. I love Nate's work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links