How are Alessi holsters these day?

This is a discussion on How are Alessi holsters these day? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking of buying a new all leather holster for either a 1911 or jframe. There are so many options out there. I know ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ferdi

Thread: How are Alessi holsters these day?

How are Alessi holsters these day?

I am thinking of buying a new all leather holster for either a 1911 or jframe. There are so many options out there. I know historically Lou Alessi's holsters were always highly regarded.

Now that he is no longer with us, how are Alessi holsters compared with how they used to be?

How about compared to the competition these days (Milt Sparks, Rosen, TT Gunleather, Pure Kustom, etc)?

I couldn't find their lead time online. Anyone know an estimate of their lead time?

I don't hear much chatter about them these days.
    Last edited by joepa150; October 13th, 2012 at 07:47 PM.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If one chooses to believe the gun rags, they're as good as ever.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Have heard mixed reviews. Ordered one direct from Alessi a year ago, and returned it. The boning was not precise, and it did not seem to fit the gun very well. Anymore I just get a Sparks. Only grouch I would give about them is a six month wait, which speaks volumes for their quality.

If you want something along the lines of an Alessi, go to Top Gun Supply. They carry Ritchie holsters. Skip worked with Lou Alessi, and makes more or less the same holsters, but his quality is reputed to be excellent.

I have a couple of Lou-made CQC-S holsters, love 'em for daily carry.

Last year, picked up the similar Skip Ritchie holster, every bit as good! My future money goes to Ritchie.

Alessi Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
    I am thinking of buying a new all leather holster for either a 1911 or jframe. There are so many options out there. I know historically Lou Alessi's holsters were always highly regarded.

Now that he is no longer with us, how are Alessi holsters compared with how they used to be?

How about compared to the competition these days (Milt Sparks, Rosen, TT Gunleather, Pure Kustom, etc)?

I couldn't find their lead time online. Anyone know an estimate of their lead time?

I don't hear much chatter about them these days.
    I just received my Bodyguard shoulder holster for my .45 commander 4.25". It's actually a S&W 1911 SC E. Super gun. What a fantastic holster. Fit and finish we're perfect. The nicest leather I have seen used in any holster. They created a snap in the trigger guard that you can pull right through without issue. Fits y gun like a second skin without any extra leather. Can't say enough about how beautiful their work was. I have bought Kirkpatrick Shoulder Holsters in the past but this Alessi is the highest quality I've seen. Wait time was 4 months. Worth the wait? Absolutely!
    QKShooter likes this.

Administrator
    For your J Frame I would get on the Milt Sparks waiting list for a Sparks PMK.
    The finest OWB J-Frame holster ever made.
    When it finally arrives and IF you decide you do not like it for any reason - Send me a PM and I will buy it from you guaranteed for the amount that you paid for it.
    So you cannot lose.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I Spoke to Tom last year & ordered a Bodyguard shoulder rig for my new 1911 gun.? It arrived in less than 2 Weeks & it is the best $$$$ that I ever spent on any Holster Period.? Their work is every bit of of the same Professionalism,? That The late Lou Alessi put into his work when Lou ran the Shop. I would not hesitate in ordering another Holster from Tom & his Staff over at Alessi. R.I.P. Lou as you are sadly missed by all in the Shooting Sports

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Have not checked out any of their recent production gear. Their leather was always top notch. Check out Dillon leather including their belts. It is still top quality leather made in USA!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Links