Looking for leather, 2 snap IWB for Sig 938

This is a discussion on Looking for leather, 2 snap IWB for Sig 938 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Seems these are few and far between. No kydex and no single clips, I like the 2 loop with snap set-up. I have had excellent ...

Seems these are few and far between. No kydex and no single clips, I like the 2 loop with snap set-up.

I have had excellent luck with Brad at Bear River Holsters for my other holsters... But didn't see the 938 on his list.

Go.

FIST fan

Try FIST Holsters. Their #2, #11, #14 should fill your bill. Best of both worlds. @FIST, Inc. Several custom options and colors to choose from. Top quality, fair price.

Thanks for the link.

I heard over on Sigforum that this guy is making holsters for the 938 and that they are nice; there is a thread on it, but it is a clip model. No first hand experience however and it doesn't say so on his site, but maybe he hasn't updated it yet. Don Hume's grandson. Probably worth a call or email since he seems to have a template or gun to mold from.

Concealment Holsters

I would be happy to make one for you, it is not on my list either, but I know a guy ;)

I just ordered one from Pure Kustom, should be getting it in a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ejes View Post
    I heard over on Sigforum that this guy is making holsters for the 938 and that they are nice; there is a thread on it, but it is a clip model. No first hand experience however and it doesn't say so on his site, but maybe he hasn't updated it yet. Don Hume's grandson. Probably worth a call or email since he seems to have a template or gun to mold from.

Concealment Holsters
    Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by mdmorgan View Post
    I would be happy to make one for you, it is not on my list either, but I know a guy ;)
    Do you have more pics of your work? Im not all that interested in aesthetics, but would like to see options you have.

Quote Originally Posted by eipo View Post
    Thanks for the link.

Do you have more pics of your work? Im not all that interested in aesthetics, but would like to see options you have.
    I sent you a PM

I carry mine in a TTGunleather IWB Mike's Special....Love it!

Slim IWB Holster "Mikes Special"
    I carry a .45 because having to shoot twice is just silly!
    Warning Shots Will Be Center Mass!

ARMY '56 to '65 SFC
    Happiness Is Having Been An Airborne Ranger And Still Being Alive To Brag About It!

Im going to let mdmorgan have a crack at it. Thanks for the link, however.

Ok.... I think I have given this enough time to work itself out. First let me say I know I am not an easy customer to deal with. There is also one aspect of this deal that is out of the ordinary, in that I sold the firearm I had Mid World Gun Leather make for me.

On Oct 17 I received an invoice from MWGL (Mid World Gun Leather) in the amount of $90 for a Milt Sparks VMII style IWB in horse. I paid the invoice on Oct 18 and had been previously informed it would take approximately 3 weeks.

On Nov. 9th, I created this post in a thread someone started about their holster from MWGL. On Nov. 10, mdmorgan posted that it was "drying" after being remade because he was not happy with the first one. I certainly appreciate him not wanting to let something less than perfect be sent out to a customer.

Approximately 7 days go by and no holster, no shipping info and no word from MWGL. So I drop him a PM and he replies, and I have to paraphrase here because I have since deleted the PM... "I just have to set the snaps and it will be on its way." I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt.. But it shouldn't take 7 days to go from "drying" to "setting the snaps."

I received the holster on Nov 23 or 24, I do not recall exactly. The construction is decent, but the horse is very, very soft. I have regular leather holsters that are stiffer than the MWGL holster I received. It also needed more cant for such a small firearm such as the P938. So I shot a message off to mdmorgan expressing my concern about the durability of the leather due to its lack of stiffness. He explains what was going on and offered to remake the holster for me. Unfortunately I had since decided to sell the P938 and buy larger (Sig Ultra) 1911. I informed him that I had since sold the P938, and would he be willing to remake the holster for the Sig. I asked on the 25th or 26th and he said he does not have the mold or gun, but would look into trying to find one. On the 28th, because I wanted to get moving on it, I contacted the local guy I use and he was able to accommodate me. Yesterday I sent mdmorgan a PM stating I had found what I needed and asked "how would he like to proceed."

I have not heard back. Now I realize some of this is short time frame, I also realize it is not mdmorgans fault or problem I sold the firearm for the holster he made. I am perfectly fine with that and if I have to bite the cost of the holster, so be it. But he has been online today (and yesterday after I sent the PM) and it only takes a few seconds to respond to a PM. That would be my only gripe, no response to the PM. The 7 day span between "drying" and "setting the snaps" seemed inconsequential at the time, but now with the lack of a response to my inquiry on what direction he would like to go in regards to the holster, I can conclude at least in my case, he wants to be done with it.

mdmorgan has since gotten ahold of me and the issue has been resolved.

Links