safepacker ROCKS!

safepacker ROCKS!

This is a discussion on safepacker ROCKS! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; when i carry a concealed handgun i dont want anyone to see that im carrying, but if someone should happen to notice its no big ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: safepacker ROCKS!

safepacker ROCKS!

when i carry a concealed handgun i dont want anyone to see that im carrying, but if someone should happen to notice its no big deal since its legal for me. there are times such as business meetings however, when i simply cannot afford to be made due to the possible reactions of some very important customers. for times such as these, deep cover is critical.

if you follow any of my gun forums you know that for some time now ive been searching for a deep cover rig that would provide excellent concealment and acceptable access which is much easier said than done. i have several boxes full of different holters, and ive even purchased compact guns specifically for this purpose. despite thousands of dollars in guns and holsters i just never found a setup that i could comfortably carry into gun unfriendly environments. not until i tried the versatile safepacker from wilderness tactical products.

the concept of concealed in plain sight isnt new, but it is suprisingly effective. ive heard internet chatter about the safepacker but just couldnt warm up to the concept of anything resembling a "man purse". running out of options and tired of spending money on wonder holters that i never warmed up to, i figured at $50 it was worth trying out. worn on a belt just like a regular holster, this ever so simple concept and design is more effective for my uses than any other carry method ive found for deep cover. ive worn my colt combat commander 1911 to several business meetings, interactions with other contractors, jobsites, church, shopping, around family and friends, etc. and nobody has ever so much as commented on my safepacker. it fits whatever i wear and blends in to the point of going completely unnoticed by people who would turn pale if they had any idea they were within reach of a handgun.

this holster absolutely masters the concept of concealed in plain sight. the design is truly presentation friendly. should you ever need to draw your weapon in a hurry you release the clip, raise the flap, and reach in. as your hand slides onto your weapon the front velcro simultaneously releases allowing you to draw your weapon straight forward instead of having to lift it first.

although wilderness tactical sells the safepacker direct, when i called they were temporarily out of stock so after a little shopping around i found it at dillon precision for $49. 2 day shipping was only $1 more than regular ground, so i didnt have to wait long.

the quality of the build is first class. it is as rugged as it is attractive. i consider this holster to be a great value, and since it meets my needs so well i plan to purchase a safepacker for my fullsize 1911s, as well as for my glocks. i am a very satisfied customer!

Intresting, I might just have to give one a try.

Natural, what in the world do you tell people it is? A man purse? Does it hold your wallet, cell phone etc? To me, it just looks like something "tactical"..
    Last edited by RjVA; October 2nd, 2006 at 08:56 AM.
    "Sic Semper Tyrannis"

I have one, but do not use it on the belt. For me, it is for around the house when I am not wearing a holster. Great to hold by the strap in off hand when running outside to get the mail, etc. ...

Also, I use it to conceal a car gun. unclip the top, slide it inbetween driver seat muzzle down w/ the top overlapping the seat. Very easy to get to while sitting in the car. For me, easier to get to than my iwb holster.

But around the waist, I've not done that yet.

Thanks!

Thank you times a hundred for posting this... I was researching this item about a year and a half ago but never bought it. I made the decision two nights ago to go ahead and get it but couldn't remember what it was called, where I saw it, etc. A few hours of fruitless web searching had caused me to give up on ever finding it again.

What interested me most about the safepacker is: I believe there's a way to strap it to your chest while jogging. Seems like a great way to carry your pistol, CCW license, keys, and MP3 player while running. I'll be placing my order tonight!

Interesting?????

Looks interesting enough to get one, although I dont think I would ever wear it on my belt.
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Administrator
    People in general carry so much different assorted Hi Tech and electronic stuff these days.
    I don't see how anybody would really question it these days aside from just casual curiosity.

JD
    Administrator
    If it works it works, not much different than a Maxpedition Versapack...

It screams gun when you have it on your belt

steve

I Love Mine

It's perfect for those times when a holster just won't do.

I've carried it on my belt and, as so many have said, nobody pays any attention!
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk! --Tuco

I've been looking at this item for some time, maybe I'll order one also.

I'll definetly put a UPS/FEDEX/DHL or some other patch or pin on the outside; sheep will assume I work delivering packages (ain't nothing wrong with saying you have a part time job).

Quote Originally Posted by RjVA View Post
    what in the world do you tell people it is?
    i dont have to, nobody has asked. in the event someone ever does, ill just tell them its my purse and let them think ive got sugar in my britches.
    Last edited by NaturalSelection; October 2nd, 2006 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stolivar View Post
    It screams gun when you have it on your belt
    only to those who are most likely carrying themselves. nobody even seems to notice.

JD
    Administrator
    well most of the time I have screw drivers, punch tools, and wire cutters hanging out of my pockets, along with a crackberry and 1 or 2 pagers, and a nite eyez pouch on my belt for a leatherman/maglite, whats one more pouch.

if anyting I might just buy it to cart around the stuff I just listed... beats having nine pounds of junk in your pocket.

Personally if anyone did ask, I'd probally just tell them it's my change purse for all the stinking parking meters in Philly..

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Seems like an interesting way to carry. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get past the fanny pack look. I'm afraid I would have to buy a mini-van too!! LOL
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links