Issue with Remora Holster

This is a discussion on Issue with Remora Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a LC9 with a LazerMax Laser attatched. I purchased a Remora Holster and I have a slight problem with it. Sometimes when I ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By WoodLark
  • 3 Post By darbo
  • 1 Post By sioux565
  • 2 Post By Hopyard

Thread: Issue with Remora Holster

I have a LC9 with a LazerMax Laser attatched. I purchased a Remora Holster and I have a slight problem with it. Sometimes when I draw my LC9 the holster comes out with the weapon. When I am succesful in my draw, I can't get the weapon back in the holster without undoing every thing and taking the holster out and starting alll over with it. So what am I doing wrong here?

These are just guesses, but I would think that either the Remora is the wrong size for your gun with a Lasermax or the Lasermax has a rough edge that is catching on the holster when you draw.

As far as re-holstering, I think you need to pull the holster out of your waistband before re-holstering then reinsert gun+holster as a unit.
    oneshot likes this.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Thanks for taking the time to respond..
    The Holster size is correct according to Remora and the LazerMax has no sharp edges or protrusions... I have noticed the weapon is pretty tight in the holster.

Distinguished Member
    I have a Remora and while it's a hassle, I always remove to reholster. It lacks structure so I assume I can get unwanted purchase on the trigger. As for it staying with the weapon.....I guess you need to speak to Remora. I would expect them to respond positively. I hope so.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

They have a video on their website how to stretch out your holster. If you want to re-holster without removing your holster then ask for the ART which has a reinforced mouth. I would call them.
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

This is an IWB holster? If so did you buy the model with the reinforced top? If not it will collapse and most likely need to be removed to reholster. I can reholster my 709 in the reinforced top model without removing it.
    Bottom line I would contact Remora, I have read their CS is very good.

If reholstering is important to you, call Remora and ask about exchanging your current holster for one with a reinforced top.
    ironmike86 likes this.

Seems a typical fit issue with a new holster. As mentioned, check their site for information on how to stretch it out a bit.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

VIP Member
    From all I've read here, I'm sure you'll get assistance from Remora and a satisfactory outcome.

As a genuine cheap old dude, I've found that lots of these problems can be solved with some "creative" solutions.
    Diaper pins, tennis tape, rubber bands and super glue are your friend.

They can also be solved with big bucks spent on good leather. Life is all about choices.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Thanks everyone,, I think I found a soloution on the Remora website for the fit issue Just have to live with the reholster part I guess.

Yup need the reinforced top to reholster. Only one I will buy

I have both a Remora and the Tough Product pocket carry and like the Tough Pocket better... Both same size but the outside of the Tough Pocket is different.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    Sometimes when I draw my LC9 the holster comes out with the weapon.
    I know a lot of people have the remora and love it, but this is exactly why I think a good holster should be attached to your belt in some fashion.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I know a lot of people have the remora and love it, but this is exactly why I think a good holster should be attached to your belt in some fashion.
    The Remora can now be attached to a belt with a special velcro flap if you purchase one of those kind. Can be used for OWB now.

Quote Originally Posted by true grit
    They have a video on their website how to stretch out your holster. If you want to re-holster without removing your holster then ask for the ART which has a reinforced mouth. I would call them.
    As for the ART - It is the special lower cut which gives more grip exposed but it doesn't automatically come with a reinforced top. It is the RFT which you get. So you can get an ART - RFT which will have the lower cut but with reinforced top.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I have a LC9 with lasermax and I use it in a remora 6ART that I got originally for my SR40c. It fits PERFECT.

Sponsored Links