IWB Carry

This is a discussion on IWB Carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How many times is a person allowed to change their mind on a IWB holster? The more I read the more I change my mind. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: IWB Carry

IWB Carry

How many times is a person allowed to change their mind on a IWB holster? The more I read the more I change my mind. I'm a thin man 5' 11" 175 lbs and am having a problem deciding which holster I need. Thought I wanted a CBST, now I don't. Thought I wanted a MTAC, now I don't. Thought I wanted a Theis, now I don't. At the moment I've decided on a Dale Fricke AIWB Archangle. I don't have a gut and kinda think appendix carry is better for me. That's the way I've always carried. Sorry to ramble on but does anyone have an opinion on the Archangle for a thin man? Gonna carry my SA 9mm Compact. Thanks guys.

2. Remove Ads

I'm sure that there is not one of us who doesn't have a drawer full of holsters. It's just part of the learning curve. I myself after much trial and error have decided on a CBST and am sticking with it. I carry a G30 in it all day everyday and absolutely love it. It is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn.

Most of the day I don't even realize that I'm carrying it because it has become such a part of me.

Good luck!!
    mprp likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jrntn View Post
    How many times is a person allowed to change their mind on a IWB holster?
    As long as they can afford to keep buying more holsters,...

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I carry an Archangel daily, favorite holster in my "box 'o holsters". Mr. Fricke really makes a comfortable rig from Kydex, smooth edges, excellent design.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    I carry an Archangel daily, favorite holster in my "box 'o holsters". Mr. Fricke really makes a comfortable rig from Kydex, smooth edges, excellent design.
    Quickly becoming mine as well!

sent via iCarry

Quote Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
    I'm sure that there is not one of us who doesn't have a drawer full of holsters. It's just part of the learning curve. I myself after much trial and error have decided on a CBST and am sticking with it. I carry a G30 in it all day everyday and absolutely love it. It is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn.

Most of the day I don't even realize that I'm carrying it because it has become such a part of me.

Good luck!!
    I own 2 holsters for my EDC GLOCK 19. One is a GLOCK sport/combat holster that I just kinda bought because it was inexpensive and in case I build up the nerve to open carry. The other holster is a CBST, wear it everyday and love it for IWB concealed carry. No boxes or drawers full of holsters for my EDC. I bought the best (CBST).
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Holsters are, IMHO, much like fishing lures. Some are designed & marketed not so much to catch fish, but rather to catch...fishermen! Just like my opinions & selections of EDC handguns have changed over the years (decades) so have my holsters & methods of carry. So it's unrealistic for me to imagine that tomorrow (or the day after) someone won't offer an alternative that convinces me to try something new. If that weren't the case, I wouldn't EDC a G19 but would still be carrying a S&W M12 snubbie in a OWB Bucheimer holster. The answer to your OP question is - as many times as you want.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I have purchased more holsters than my wife has shoes. And I ALWAYS come back to my Galco King Tuck (Crossbreed is very good too). My advice, stimulate the economy and buy all the ones you have listed. Sell the ones you don't use and keep going. I don't think any true concealed carrier ever stops looking for that "perfect" holster (which doesn't exist). And over time you'll get your own "favorite".
    ron54, WoodLark, zero and 1 others like this.

I ordered a Dale Fricke Archangle this morning and will be looking for a second holster of a different type, also for IWB carry.

Guns are cheap.. It's all the other "stuff" that adds up! ;)

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I have been carrying in a Blackhawk IWB...it dropped when I was hurrying to open a door...next?

Received the Archangle and have been wearing it for four days, it's really comfortable setting or walking. It conceals very well under my tee-shirt and stays very close to my body. I do recommend it for a thin man like me.

"I don't have a gut..."

Good god man, pack on 50 pounds and you'll have extra padding to carry in all sorts of positions!
    oldnfat likes this.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Quote Originally Posted by Saugus View Post

Good luck!!

I don't have a drawer full. I do have a gym bag though.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Holsters are on the verge of become that replacement of the old 'Women's shoes' jokes.

Michael

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links