Giving up on IWB holsters - Page 3

Giving up on IWB holsters

This is a discussion on Giving up on IWB holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not knocking the remoras as I have never used one, but I'd certainly try some sort of IWB that actually attaches to a belt ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Giving up on IWB holsters

I'm not knocking the remoras as I have never used one, but I'd certainly try some sort of IWB that actually attaches to a belt before I gave up on IWB. Galco king tuk, crossbreed super tuck, and Dale Fricke Archangel are all excellent IWB holsters. I would hate to be without any of them as I use them all regularly (though lately i have been almost exclusively carrying the Archangel). According to his website, my custom r grizzle holster should be going into production any day now. It is an AIWB rig for my p220 SAS. I'm really hoping it proves out to be as good as the Archangel. Again, I'd try a belt attached IWB before I jumped ship on IWB carry if I were you. Being able to conceal guns with longer barrel lengths and no overly bulky cover garments is something I find very beneficial.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I pocket carry my LCR IN A Nemesis on a regular basis no problem

This is what I love about this forum. Any topic that is posted gets some many replies and so many different opinions.

Well since I started this thread, I decided to give the Remora another chance and I have been wearing it literally from the time I was up until I go to bed and to be honest, this holster is great. I have the holster with the full sweat shield and I think that is the big difference by having more material against my body holding it in place.

Versacarry prevented me from giving up on IWB. I use it for my BG380, Kahr CM9, and Beretta PX4sc. The same Versacarry fits them all. Super slim, super secure, easy draw, inexpensive.... The only drawback is that it's not tuckable, which doesn't matter for my usual style of dress.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    The Remora is definitely not a gimmick, mine is my most often used holster and works well for me ... key words, for me.

I did go through a couple of other holsters, mostly cheap ones, before I finally bought two quality leather holsters made specifically for the guns I lie to carry. They made all the difference in the world. I have no problem with IWB with either of these and definitely prefer to carry that way or in my pocket.

I'd suggest not giving up on this until you try a really good custom rig. Its worth the dollars to try it.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

"The Remora is definitely not a gimmick" that is so true. I carry both my P-220 and CZ-75 in my Ramora which I use exclusively now. It stay's on me all day and until bed time and never shifts or moves.
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

It shouldnt be uncomfortable to carry a LCP IWB. Youve just got a holster that doesnt work for you. In the warm months I carry a PF9 which is the same size as the LC9 and forget about it in my Kholster little moon. In winter I carry my M&P 40 fullsize, again very comfortable. Look at the hybrid IWBs. If you cant carry a LCP comfortably, you cant carry ANY gun comfortably.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

I carry an Smith and Wesson full size M&P 357 sig IWB and it practically disapears. Some times I carry my Colt Combat commander in OWB holster W/O printing as well. Just find a holster your comfortable with and the jitters will go away
    bigmacque likes this.

Sponsor
    Check out WWW.SHTFGEAR.com before you give up in iwb. I think you would find iwb better than pocket carry or owb for that handgun.

Thanks,
    Clay

Quote Originally Posted by mdmorgan View Post
    To me, the LCP is a pocket gun and too small to bother with IWB carry.
    Agree with this. I use a DeSantis Nemisis for pocket carry, and one of their ankle holsters for all other carry.

Also, if you ever decide to go with a larger frame, you'll have to give yourself time to get used to the weight and feel. I almost gave up on IWB after about 2 months, especially when I was driving a lot. But, after the holster got broken in, you hardly know it's there.
    In reality, the biggest thing to overcome is the fear that everyone knows your carrying. Trust me, they don't. I got into the habit of constantly looking into storeroom windows at my reflection to see if I was printing. All it did was draw more attention to me. Macy's personnel still think I'm in love the the display mannequin.

I hate IWB. Its not comfortable at all no matter how much you spend. And like someone mentioned, the LCP is too small to even holster. it wont stay in place, theres nothing for holster to really grip.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    I hate IWB. Its not comfortable at all no matter how much you spend. And like someone mentioned, the LCP is too small to even holster it wont stay in place, theres nothing for holster to really grip.
    I gotta disagree with you on this one.There is plenty for a holster to grip, you just have to find a properly made holster for it. If a gun is large enough to shoot a gun can be holstered and can benefit from a properly made holster. I see two primary purposes for a holster: To hold the handgun in a secure, easy to access location and to cover the trigger for safety. Carrying small "Pocket .380's" in an IWB holster is very common and makes as much sense as carrying any type of handgun in a holster.

The choice of carrying IWB,OWB, pocket, etc depends on your individual concealment needs, comfort level, and need for accessibility. Some may find pocket carry ideal with the LCP, while others may find the speed and accessibility of IWB or OWB better.

Just my opinions of course,
    Thanks!
    Clay

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links