Whats a good leather IWB holster for Jframe 642? - Page 2

Whats a good leather IWB holster for Jframe 642?

This is a discussion on Whats a good leather IWB holster for Jframe 642? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro. I love these and have one for each carry gun I own - from the j frame/Shield through 1911/4" K ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Whats a good leather IWB holster for Jframe 642?

VIP Member
    Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro. I love these and have one for each carry gun I own - from the j frame/Shield through 1911/4" K frame (LCP is pocket carry only). Double loops spread the weight and I can carry my guns all day and forget they are there. If you want to dress it up, Rocky does superb tooling or art work - for a fee. If you want snap straps for easy on/off he has those too. Also works OWB as well as IWB. But I prefer IWB. They cost more than some, but you get that for which you paid.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

So I guess the question now is this.

Will a single clip holster be secure enough and comfortable enough for a Jframe?

I know two clips/snaps spread out should have less movement/ more secure and be more comfortable. Also a revolver tends to be thicker due to the cylinder so having a clip/snap on top of the cylinder adds some thickness. I know for my 1911 or Glock I would not buy a single LCp holster and I would spend more money for a higher quality holster but I don't know if it is really worth it for a Jframe since it is small and light.

Cool

I have really come to appreciate the quality of High Noon holsters.

A single clip is all I need for a j-frame to keep it stable if the holster is a Public Secret.

I have been using this High Noon Public Secret shown below in the 2 o'clock posistion with zero cant for all my j-frames.

Image 1.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

Image 2.jpgImage 1.jpg

Inside The Waistband

OS
    zero likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    I have really come to appreciate the quality of High Noon holsters.

A single clip is all I need for a j-frame to keep it stable if the holster is a Public Secret.

I have been using this High Noon Public Secret shown below in the 2 o'clock posistion with zero cant for all my j-frames.

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpgImage 1.jpg

Inside The Waistband

OS
    It looks like jframes may do well appendix carry. I have tried appendix carry with my LCP using a Remora. I don't know if it is my beer gut or what but when I sit down or bend down it just digs into me and pushes the Remora and LCP up.

I wonder if a Jframe would be easier to conceal especially using a clip holster.

Many people like that holster (Remora) and have had good results. But carrying a gun in a holster held up by gravity with no attachment to the belt does not make sense to us.
    With our holster you could try this below if it digs into you.

Questions

Justin
    Last edited by High Noon; October 19th, 2012 at 12:41 AM.

Cool

Depending on the size of your waist and if you are a high or low waisted individual , the holster you are carrying there may come into some contact with the muzzle end of the holster and your upper leg area.

If I am crouching down in a very low posistion all I have to do is pull up slightly on the gunbelt and it gives me a little more clearance.

All my holsters are attached to a good quality 2 ply stiff gunbelt. The only holster I use without a gunbelt is a High Noon Pocket Grabber for my Diamondback DB.380 carried in my strong side front pocket.

photo.jpg

If you are a large statured individual or one who wers loose fitting pants or shorts,this may work for you and your LCR in your strong side front pocket. That's the only place I would carry an unattached holster like the Remora.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    Many people like that holster and have had good results. But carrying a gun in a holster held up by gravity with no attachment to the belt does not make sense to us.
    With our holster you could try this below if it digs into you.

Questions

Justin
    . Don't get me wrong, that holster is great for certain things but I do like some sort of attachment. I will check out your holsters. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links