Thumbs up to Rafters!!!

Thumbs up to Rafters!!!

This is a discussion on Thumbs up to Rafters!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all, long time since I posted here but I just wanted to give a thumbs up to the folks at Rafters gunleather for the ...

Thumbs up to Rafters!!!

Hi all, long time since I posted here but I just wanted to give a thumbs up to the folks at Rafters gunleather for the work they done for me and standing behind the product.

I had ordered a couple of holsters from them about a year ago for my sp-101. I recieved an inside the waistband holster, well built, good fit, fantastic holster. I also ordered an owb made of sharkskin, which was also beautiful, well built, but I thought it was a tad too long, about 3/4 to 7/8 past end of barrell. This was not a huge thing but I wanted maximum concealability and the other holster was only about 1/4 past end of barrel, about right.

Well, by the time I received the holsters, which btw was very fast turnaround for a custom, my mother had gotten very sick due to cancer. Between taking her to chemo, and trying to be with her as much as possible, the holster became the last thing on my mind. Well, she went to be with the Lord in June. After a time of grieving I slowly started to get back to life. I started socializing, getting back into shooting, guitar playing, and whatever I could to keep my mind clear.

On a whim, I called the folks at Rafters and explained my situation and asked if they could simply modify the holster if I shipped it back. About 5 months had gone by between me recieving the holsters and contacting them, so I wouldn't have blamed them at all for saying tough luck, you waited too long. They built me a new sharkskin and had it to me in around two weeks, no problems and it was perfect, the best holster I've ever owned.

I just wanted to say thanks for such great service and understanding. If you're in the market for some new leather wear, keep Rafters in mind because they were nothing but Topnotch people to deal with, very courtious and professional. I'm in now way affiliated with them, I just like to give a "hat's off" when I feel someone deserves it.
    Last edited by P95Carry; October 2nd, 2006 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Broke text into para's for readability

Assistant Administrator
    Hi - and sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom - my condolences to you and your family.

Great service from Rafters then it seems - very fair and well worthy of praise Always good to read positive reports - they are as welcome if not more so than criticisms of businesses.

Good service deserves recognition I always reckon.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lew
    Shark skin? I have never heard of it used before. Is it a type of leather or is it really shark skin? Do you have any pictures? I would like to see it.

Sorry for your loss....
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Thanks guys, She's in a better place and no longer suffering. Lew, yes it's actual shark skin with a leather inner lining. I would gladly post pics if I had a digi cam that was working. If you go to the url www.raftersgunleather.com they have some pictures of their holsters. Besides shark they have alligator and elephant I believe.

Once again my condolences for your loss.
    I use a Rafter belt and it is top quality. When I ordered I wasn't sure about sizing so we took our best guess and she told me if it was too big or too small send it back and they would make me another. It was fine and I highly recommend Rafter S Gunleather.

Another plus 1 for Rafter S. Ordered a belt from them about a year ago and was told 6 week delivery. Guess what showed up in two weeks? Good quality and price to boot.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Lew, here's a pic of a Milt Sparks 55 BN in horsehide with shark trim...this is what shark looks like.

Links