g19 problem

g19 problem

This is a discussion on g19 problem within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got a g19 and I love it! I do have a problem though, I can't seem to carry it without printing severely! I ...

Thread: g19 problem

g19 problem

I just got a g19 and I love it! I do have a problem though, I can't seem to carry it without printing severely! I usually carry a kahr p9 in a c-tac. I bought a c-tac for the g19 and i'm wearing it with the same cover garments at the same position (4-5). For some reason the g19 prints something awful. I know its bigger in every dimension but only by a little. I'm thinking I've been spoiled by the p9. Any ideas?

I would suggest moving to a 3:30 or 4:00 position. That's where I have my G-19 in a MacConV and it doesn't print with just a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    --GEORGE ORWELL

well I've tried it at every position it could anywhere from 2:30 -5:30. I still end up printing like a madman. The ctac worked very well for me with my p9 and I can't understand why it isn't working for my g19. Is it possible that the difference between the thickness of the two guns is just enough to make me print?

If anyone has any ideas (with pics if possible) please respond.

Thanks,
    APBT

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Well...it depends on how you are built and the cover garment you are using...but Id have to agree that with the right holster worn @ 4.00-4.30 you really shouldnt have a problem. Put the right cant on the holster so the grip is in the pocket above your hip bone and keep it tight to the body.....should work like a charm.
    Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Play around with the cant. If it's a C-TAC then the cant is adjustable. You didn't say which part of the pistol is printing, and when someone refers to a gun printing most people usually assume it's the grip thats doing it, and thats usually the case. But with a Glock there is more length to the top of the slide at the rear than most other pistols. If you cant a Glock too far forward, the top rear corner of the slide will print.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

Double check the cant. I carry a Ruger P85 in a CTAC and it hides good. That gun is a brick too so you should be able to get it. Good luck.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

I agree. I carry my G19 or my G26 in a IWB Bare Asset Holster from Highnoon which has a 15 degree forward cant. This really helps with concealment in my opinion. The but of the gun really stays right up against my body with the built in cant of the holster. I have no issues with printing at all.
    GeorgiaCarry.Org Member
    NRA Member

Maybe try one size larger shirt.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Well, I've been trying all sorts of angles (cants) as well as not one but 2 sizes larger cover garments! Still no avail. The whole handle is printing. I'm still in a conundrum...which is particularly painful since I took my new g19 to the range again today for an extended test drive...I'm in love all over again!!! This gun is soooo perfect (for me) that I don't think I want to take it off to shower (don't worry I probably will!)
    I'm sure I'm just missing something really simple so I have a request. Any g19 carriers, If you could post pics with and without cover garments plus holster info that would be most helpful.
    (In fact, this is just occurring to me, maybe a photo forum showing our ideas and rigs would be just the visual aid that all newbies and oldies alike could appreciate. Whaddya' think?)

Sponsored Links