car holster

This is a discussion on car holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; anyone have a good car mounted or "detachable" holster for a car? i have seen the under the steering wheel mounted one, and i have ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By McDonaldUSMC
  • 1 Post By NiceAsh

Thread: car holster

car holster

anyone have a good car mounted or "detachable" holster for a car? i have seen the under the steering wheel mounted one, and i have seen one that screws into the side of the console too. are there any other options, or any thoughts/experiences on any?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Ohio--lawful to OC inside your vehicle? If so, use what is easily accessible when you're strapped in. Seatbelts can interfer with a lot of setups.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by cfd335 View Post
    anyone have a good car mounted or "detachable" holster for a car? i have seen the under the steering wheel mounted one, and i have seen one that screws into the side of the console too. are there any other options, or any thoughts/experiences on any?
    I too fought this in my car. I found if I bought a piece of kydex and formed it myself I could trim it to make it bolt to the side of my console. My interior is all black as is my gun so it all blends in nicely.

I think I saw one on Galco's website. Fits onto the drivers seat somehow hanging down between your legs.
    George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI use an uncle mikes that I have removed the "clip" from. Just the nylon sheath and velcro'd it where I want it. When I get in the piece goes in and I reholster when I get out of the car.
    Last edited by McDonaldUSMC; October 22nd, 2012 at 08:10 PM. Reason: added photos
    cfd335 likes this.
    Semper Fi

In Ohio we can carry in our car anyway we like as long as no one can get the gun that can't legally have a gun and there is no one under the age of 18 in our car. I have tried the kind under the steering wheel I can't get to them. I have tried the ones on the seat between the legs and on the sides of the seat, once again can't get to them. When you are under 5 foot tall you are sitting right up to the steering wheel so where to keep the gun is limited. I have a holster with a clip on it and clip it right to my closed ash tray. My gun is secure and I can easily reach it. I don't care if anyone sees it lol. When I leave the car the gun is with me and the holster is in the glove box.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Bolt one to the ceiling of the vehicle. I used to carry a pistol in a overhead box for sunglasses. The little 380 keltec sit in the sunglasses tray perfect.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

See Texascustomholsters.com

3.jpg

I liked this one, the pop out tray from the dash.

From Stalone's truck in the 1st Expendables
    cfd335 likes this.

i will be trying your idea. that is awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by McDonaldUSMC View Post
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI use an uncle mikes that I have removed the "clip" from. Just the nylon sheath and velcro'd it where I want it. When I get in the piece goes in and I reholster when I get out of the car.

Links