Modify a VMII or get a new holster made? - Page 3

Modify a VMII or get a new holster made?

This is a discussion on Modify a VMII or get a new holster made? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kramer actually lists, or did list, an IWB holster with lambswool on the side facing the body, so the idea certainly has merit. I would ...

View Poll Results: Should I mod the VMII or get a custom holster?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Modify the Milt Sparks VMII

6 35.29%
  • Get a custom holster made

4 23.53%
  • Other (please elaborate)

7 41.18%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Modify a VMII or get a new holster made?

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Kramer actually lists, or did list, an IWB holster with lambswool on the side facing the body, so the idea certainly has merit. I would think a trial period, with the lambswool attached to an undershirt, to be best, before modifying the holster.

Probably, a pad that is larger than the entire holster, could be attached to the belt past the holster's attachment points?

How thick of padding are we talking about? 3/4"? If so, maybe something like this https://www.skydex.com/store/200394 - the circular center helmet pad might do the trick.

Also - when you're not feeling well, and tired from a long trip - you're more likely to notice the small irritations that might be considered "normal" and blow them completely out of proportion.

I would suggest having a custom holster made - or getting a cheaper version of a similar design - and then modifying that. If you like it, great, sell the VM2. If not, oh well - suck it up! Your VM2 is worth $$ - especially since you are a Moderator and all....

Austin

The best padding I've found is the backing N82 uses on their holsters (thin layer of neoprene sandwiched between soft leather and suede): Patented Design Super comfy.

I'll be interested to hear how the sheepskin turns out for you. I've looked at Kramer's sheepskin IWB holster (Inside Waistband Holsters - IWB Holster) but haven't tried one due to the price.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links