Defensive Carry banner

This unusual custom holster by DSG Arms arrived in 4 days instead of 4 months...

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rocky 
#1 ·
I was looking for a 'mission' specific holster. Not sure what the 'mission' is yet, but I wanted a holster for a Gock G34 gen 4 with an X300 light mounted.

What I think is uncommon about this holster is that how many CCW G34 holsters are available with a light mounted? Ok, then and can be had in 3 days after you place the order?

Well, I ordered a DSG Arms Alpha holster and a Raven Concealment holster the same day. As you can see from these two pics, the DSG holsters look almost identical to a Raven Concealment holster:

And they cost about the same. I ordered the holster on 18 Oct and it arrived yesterday, 22 Oct! And this is for an uncommon holster, a G34 gen 4 with a SureFire X300 light attached - 4 days! I should add, instead of 4 - 6 months!

It's as good of a gun-to-holster fit I have ever seen in a Kydex holster - absolutely no movement of the gun. I can't stand for a gun to move a bit in a holster - that accelerates finish wear.

I have two of these holsters without the light and they don't fit quite as tight as the combo shown in the pic, but they are good.

The Alpha series by DSG Arms can be worn OWB or IWB using the very same belt loops, you just have to reverse them. And cant is adjustable. I don't know that you can get a 'cross-draw' cant, but you can get the FBI and straight cant.

I find this type of holster almost too hot for warmer months, but outside that I have nothing but praise for them.

As you can see, the Alpha series will easily accommodate a RDS mounted in the rear dovetail. However for those of you that use a milled slide mount, I doubt it will work. Well it would probably work without the iron backup sights.

As soon as I finish this, I'm ordering a holster for my Desert Warrior, and a second for my Desert Warrior to accommodate the X300. And I will cancel my order to Raven Concealment. Not because the RC is not a good holster - it's a fine holster. The 4-6 months wait is the problem. As far as I'm concerned, there's no need for a 4-6 month wait to get this type of holster.

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't think they will. They do make holsters for 4-1/4" barrels - that would probably work just fine, I've carried my Pro kimbers in a Commander size holster without any problem.

Give their toll free number a call and ask them about the 4" in a 4-1/4" holster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.