kangaroo carry

This is a discussion on kangaroo carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife laughed at the pics on their website. She uses it to carry her LCP - likes it better than the belly band she ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: kangaroo carry

My wife laughed at the pics on their website. She uses it to carry her LCP - likes it better than the belly band she was using previously.

I tried the Sky Marshall, but it just didn't work for me.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

2. Remove Ads

Ghettokracker, I'm right there with you. I am big on noticing the way a business does advertising; if a company has particularly clever/inspiring/entertaining/what have you advertising, I'm more likely to patronize that business just because I appreciate the creativity. Similarly, if I'm turned off by the advertisements, I likely won't buy from them. I'm also the same about a business' website. Poor formatting is a no-no. There are too many competitions for different things out there, that yeah, I'll write them off if I don't like their marketing, or if they can't design a basic website, and go with something else.

I don't mind an attractive model, but the bowling ball fake boobs are just obnoxious. They won't be getting my business, either.

Not to mention I'm not interested in that holster anyway. I don't like the idea of having to reach down my shirt like that. I prefer other ways to draw.
    Proud owner of a Sig Sauer P238 SAS Explosive Space Modulator.

"I played the powerless in too many dark scenes. And I was blessed with a birth and a death, and I guess I just want some say in between." - Ani DiFranco, "Talk to me Now."

Mmmm...bowling balls .

Anyway, if the holster was oriented with a horizontal draw or at least canted with the grip at a downward angle I would give them a shot but I think that vertical holsters with the butt of the gun in the up position would be kinda slow to draw. Correct me if I'm wrong?

It can be a fast draw with a polo type shirt on. You are mistaken.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

I use one often for a SR9C ,LC9 and a Body Guard 38 works well for me
    Daughter uses on sometimes for her LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Their website really turned me off from ordering from them. There is no need to have a girl with her boobs hanging out all over the place. I can just as easily pick-up half a dozen magazines at the gas station, or go to a million websites to see that crap if I wanted to. If I want a holster, I want to know why it would benefit me, information about retention, weapons it fits, maybe reviews,..etc. I don't mind looking at an attractive woman, just as much as I'm sure my wife would look at an attractive guy,...its human nature. Us pro-gunners, and carriers aren't just straight men,..and stuff like that poorly represents us IMHO. I haven't been able to take their products seriously enough to order from them because of how their website represents their company. (Maybe I put too much into this? I am studying business and economics this semester. I do my best not to support businesses who engage in or utilize practices I don't support.)
    I thought the very same myself. Sure, they're hotties, but it was inappropriate and gratuitous for the product. I'm not shopping for condoms.

Having said that, I did like the videos and the guy doing them.

Another similar product is here - Concealed Carry Holsters | Deep Conceal
    NRA Certified Instructor - RSO - Life Member

The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    But would it not be faster if it were horizontal or with the butt of the gun down?

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post
    But would it not be faster if it were horizontal or with the butt of the gun down?
    How you going to draw the gun in a horizontal position when the holster is worn under a shirt or polo? Have you watched the video showing how it works?
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

I wore mine last night to a formal affair, carried a Commander size and extra mag. I knew it was there, nobody else did. My shirt has fake buttons over snaps so that I could quickly get the gun if necessary - putting it back would be a royal pain, but it certainly is an option. I think the Smart Carry might be a better one though, if I can figure out how to carry it so that I can pee without undressing.

I carry a Kahr PM9 or a Walther PPS in one. I find it to be very comfortable, especially if worn over an undershirt. The draw takes some practice to get smooth. I think it's a lot more comfortable than any IWB if you spend a lot of time sitting/driving.

I have the Air Marshall II and wear it every day. I carry a Smith Model 19 .357 2.5" and it is very comfortable and conceales very well.
    Retired Private Detective
    S&W Model 19 2.5" .357

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

kangaroo carry

I hear they can be good boxers, but how do you train them to defnd you and aren't they a bit big and heavy to carry, especially concealed?
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Got mine o right now; fixin to head out to the bank.... Carries my Beretta PX4C pretty good...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I've carried a MP 40c or LC9 for the past year in the Kangaroo Carry Standard. It works great once you learn how to adjust and position it.

Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    While I agree with Ghettokracker71 about the unneeded pics on the website, I did order a Kangaroo Carry product and find it useful for those time when I feel the need for super concealment. It works great for that purpose.
    Went to the site, disappointed to find no boobs. Gentlemen, padded bras don't count.

The concept makes sense for the ladies. At some point I'd like to have a look at the patent, though, because certainly it's been done before: this is a toy holster set from the 1950s (a better pic shows it across the child's middle) --

colt38 (2).jpg
    chest-holstera.jpg
    Red (Richard) Nichols
    Holster designer-maker since 1958

An invention is an accident that has been waiting to happen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links