kangaroo carry

This is a discussion on kangaroo carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; has anyone have or have you use a holster call a kangaroo carry holster? i would love to hear some feedback on this? thanks...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: kangaroo carry

kangaroo carry

has anyone have or have you use a holster call a kangaroo carry holster?
    i would love to hear some feedback on this? thanks

2. Remove Ads

I have one and use it occasionally. Do I regret the purchase, no, but it's not the most comfortable shoulder rig while seated. Would I recommend it, sure; for the coin it's not a bad deal.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    I actually like mine pretty good. I carry my sig 229 in it, and it works fine. You might want to do a search here on it, there has been other threads. The first time I put it on it sort of creeped me out since it was sort of bra-looking. I avoid the mirror, however once the sig is holstered..........
    tmoore912 likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Mine's OK. I think I'm using too much gun in it, it would be better for something like a PPK which I don't own anymore, a Commander is a bit much. Tough to reholster.

Do you guys have the single shoulder strap or the double shoulder strap? Do you think a full size 1911 would be too heavy for the single strap version?

I have 1 each for S&W BG380 and S&W J frame revolver. Conceals very well. If wearing next to the skin, have to position the shoulder strap where it doesn't rub the nipple.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
    Thomas Jefferson

I guess since Australians can't carry guns they have trained attack kangaroos and make holsters to conceal them
    gottabkiddin and jryan630 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I can see where it would have its uses.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have one and I like it well enough. I use it to carry a LC9. After a bit of experimental adjusting I can wear it and practically forget it is there.

If you're going to get one I highly recommend you view the sizing video on their website. I wasn't too sure about the result I got but followed their advice and ordered it that way. Turns out I was very glad I did.
    tmoore912 likes this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

GH
    It seems a to be a good alternate to the standard-type shoulder holster. If I were to start thinking of shoulder holster I'd certainly consider this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Their website really turned me off from ordering from them. There is no need to have a girl with her boobs hanging out all over the place. I can just as easily pick-up half a dozen magazines at the gas station, or go to a million websites to see that crap if I wanted to. If I want a holster, I want to know why it would benefit me, information about retention, weapons it fits, maybe reviews,..etc. I don't mind looking at an attractive woman, just as much as I'm sure my wife would look at an attractive guy,...its human nature. Us pro-gunners, and carriers aren't just straight men,..and stuff like that poorly represents us IMHO. I haven't been able to take their products seriously enough to order from them because of how their website represents their company. (Maybe I put too much into this? I am studying business and economics this semester. I do my best not to support businesses who engage in or utilize practices I don't support.)

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

While I agree with Ghettokracker71 about the unneeded pics on the website, I did order a Kangaroo Carry product and find it useful for those time when I feel the need for super concealment. It works great for that purpose.
    tmoore912 likes this.

I use a Sky Marshall model with my Glock 19 when I am going into a NPE or I have to tuck in my shirt (basically Business/ Business Casual dress). Went to a black tie event this past weekend with the wife wearing it under my tux.

Mine works well just under a tucked in Polo type shirt during the warmer months here in Ga. I wear mine over a slight compression sleeveless undershirt.

It seems that they have updated the Sky Marshall to a version 3 which looks like it has a little more adjustment than the model I bought about 2 years ago.
    Last edited by tmoore912; October 24th, 2012 at 02:01 PM.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Another vote for the k-carry.

Ghettotracker - guess you haven't gotten to any marketing classes yet . Sex sells, anything that is a male dominant subject is going to utilize female models in advertising, and female subject matter as well - they're prettier than men.
    JayTee likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links