LC9 holster desired

This is a discussion on LC9 holster desired within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just purchased the Ruger LC9 and am looking for a quality leather holster....did purchase a nylon holster with thumb release strap that goes over the ...

Thread: LC9 holster desired

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

LC9 holster desired

Just purchased the Ruger LC9 and am looking for a quality leather holster....did purchase a nylon holster with thumb release strap that goes over the top of the gun but really don't like it...there is not much to grab onto as the LC9 rides deep in this holster....any body else got a LC9 with a good holster......thanks
    I need some suggestions

2. Remove Ads

After buying quite a few expensive holsters, I now have Remora's for both of my carry guns. I have carried my LC9 in a Remora for about a year now. While some are worried about using a holster with no belt clip, mine has stayed in place while squatting down and lifting large stones and moving them around the yard as well as crawling around under my car. I have never been able to find even one negative review of a Remora holster. If you order one, you'll probably want the Aretemis cut. Without it you will have the same problem of the gun riding too low in the holster.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

When I got mine I got a Uncle Mikes IWB just to keep it from getting beat up in the side pocket in my truck. I started carrying it and got a Galco SOF IWB tuckable. The Galco keeps it very secure and at 3:30 strong side is really comfortable. I also carry a G17 in a CB supertuck. I take it off when I get home. The Galco is so comfortable I forget to take it off while home. Plus it was only $25 or so at my LGS. The Galco is the first I have owned with the J clips. I think I like them more than the spring clips. After reading the above post I forgot that I also have a Remora for my Sigma. It's also really good, secure, and comfortable. Just depends on your preference and how you like to carry.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Is what I use for my LC9. I am happy with FIST. FIST, INC.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    Another source is Jackson Leather Works. He makes a quality product at a reasonable price. See link below for his website.

Holster Types :: JacksonLeatherWork.com
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links