Gun, but no holster!

Gun, but no holster!

This is a discussion on Gun, but no holster! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I get to pick up my new Glock 27 on Sunday, but I do not have a IWB holster picked out for it yet. The ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By whoppo

Thread: Gun, but no holster!

Gun, but no holster!

I get to pick up my new Glock 27 on Sunday, but I do not have a IWB holster picked out for it yet. The LGS that I bought the gun from had a Galco Stow-N-Go IWB and a Blackhawk Serpa OWB holster, but neither appealed to me. I was hoping they would have one that caught my eye so I could carry my G27 right away.

I've been using a Remora for my LCP the past few months, but I definitely want something with a clip due to the Glock being bigger and heavier. I stumbled across Foxx holsters and I am impressed with their products. Anyone have experience with this company and their products? I am stuck between their standard 2 clip hybrid IWB holster and the same holster with 1 center clip. They also have an all kydex holster that looks just as good.

Appreciate any feedback!

Distinguished Member
    I have no problems with a full size Springfield XD-40 (service model) in a Remora holster... Might be worth trying one for the glock if you've been happy with one for the LCP. I also carry a Sig P238 in a remora and find no real difference in carry-ability between that and the twice as heavy XD.

Oh... And congrats on the G27!
    sioux565 likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    I have no problems with a full size Springfield XD-40 (service model) in a Remora holster... Might be worth trying one for the glock if you've been happy with one for the LCP. I also carry a Sig P238 in a remora and find no real difference in carry-ability between that and the twice as heavy XD.

Oh... And congrats on the G27!
    Thanks! This 48 hour wait period in Wisconsin is killing me and I'm only 8 hours down.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    Thanks! This 48 hour wait period in Wisconsin is killing me and I'm only 8 hours down.
    Ack! Waiting periods suck! We're fortunate here in Maine to not have them. You can pass the time searching the web for accessories and ammo deals :). We'll be expecting a full review once you've had a chance to shoot the new pistol !!
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Well the one good thing about the glock27 is that simply put ..its a Glock....do an internet search and you can find more holsters and accessories than you could hope to count i suggest you do just that try the internet try "theglockstore.com" or any of afew million other websights created by the zombie like hoards of devout Glock fans personally i don't like them but good luck with your search for the perfect holster or 2 or 3 holsters

I just put an order through for the Foxx Trapp holster. I've been looking for an all kydex holster and that one looks the best. It also has an attractive price too!

Waiting period? Waiting period?!? Is that the measure of time before I can sneak my new handgun purchases past Mrs. Ghost Tracker without attracting any unnecessary (When did you buy that?) attention? Sometimes it takes weeks!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I would suggest the Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe, I have the 26 and it works like a dream. Just today I've worn it for over 14 hours and it's never uncomfortable.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Links