Well its now holster time for my XDm

This is a discussion on Well its now holster time for my XDm within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys and gals, I've been doing a lot of snooping around and searching for a good holster to invest in. It looks like at ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Switchblade906
  • 1 Post By SHTFGearLLC

Thread: Well its now holster time for my XDm

Hi guys and gals,
    I've been doing a lot of snooping around and searching for a good holster to invest in. It looks like at the end of the day I will just have to make a purchase decision and wait until it arrives to see how it fits. After much review I've narrowed it down to a few options. If anyone who is carrying a Springfield XDm and has one of the following holsters and wants to chime in that would be great!

Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur Spartan Holster

SuperTuck Deluxe | Crossbreed Holsters - Super Tuck Deluxe

SPRINGFIELD

Custom Leather in the waistband Holsters for semi auto firearms.

Theisholsters.com | Products | Custom IWB Holsters

And also I just seen a Milt Sparks Versa Max II set up which I really liked but viewing their website it looks like they are running a little behind, and I could not locate the pricing. I am thinking that I will probably end up w/ something along the lines of the crossbread or the Theis holster and then down the line get myself one like the from Tennessee Holster company. I really like the size and the idea of being able to move the gun for different draws and comfort.

-jared

I use a blackhawk Serpa lvl 1 holster right hip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to the range with a buddy of mine yesterday who has the Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe and he said it's the most comfortable holster he's ever worn. I looked at it, couldn't imagine it was, but I tried it and was surprised how it felt, even bending and crouching. A lot of folks swear by them and I'm pondering one myself now. He carries an XD, but not sure if it's the XDm.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanadon View Post
    Went to the range with a buddy of mine yesterday who has the Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe and he said it's the most comfortable holster he's ever worn. I looked at it, couldn't imagine it was, but I tried it and was surprised how it felt, even bending and crouching. A lot of folks swear by them and I'm pondering one myself now. He carries an XD, but not sure if it's the XDm.
    Thanks for both of your responses. And I sort of got the same jibe about the size of the crossbread and similar holsters. From everybodys reports and from just going through the 20+ pages of the conceal carry picture thread I am thinking I am leaning more towards the crossbread style and then when I have some more $ saved up I will purchase one of the smaller holsters like the Tennessee holster (link #4)

-jared

I don't have a XD but I have the Crossbreed Supertuck and I love it. I on my feet all day and you don't even know that it's there unless you think about it.
    fail_187 likes this.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Sponsor
    Check out www.shtfgear as an option. A great warranty and features you won't find elsewhere. I used to carry an XDm 9mm with one of my holsters (have since changed to a Glock 17 or Glock 32). You can find all of our holster options for Springfield Handguns at SHTF Gear LLC

Thanks,
    Clay

Check out Foxx holsters. Just ordered one of their new all kydex IWB holsters for my Glock. Here is a link to it for your XD Purchase Leather and Kydex IWB Hybrid Holsters - foxX holsters

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    Check out www.shtfgear as an option. A great warranty and features you won't find elsewhere. I used to carry an XDm 9mm with one of my holsters (have since changed to a Glock 17 or Glock 32). You can find all of our holster options for Springfield Handguns at SHTF Gear LLC

Thanks,
    Clay
    I just ordered you mag carrier today. Great price.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    Check out Foxx holsters. Just ordered one of their new all kydex IWB holsters for my Glock. Here is a link to it for your XD Purchase Leather and Kydex IWB Hybrid Holsters - foxX holsters
    Id like to know how you like that all kydex holster. They are only $40 so it sounds like a really good deal.

From your list I've had the Minotaur and the Theis holster. I carried a Glock 30 in the Minotaur for over a year and it was great. I currently carry a CZ 75 Compact in a Theis and it's great. I think you will find that any of the leather/kydex hybrids will be very comfortable.

I've staid away from the Crossbreed strictly due to the clips with the cross. If you want to wear with your shirt tucked in, you end up with clips that may raise questions. I much prefer plain black clips with black belt. YMMV!!

Good luck with your selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade906 View Post
    Id like to know how you like that all kydex holster. They are only $40 so it sounds like a really good deal.
    I just placed my order last night, so I am hoping I will get it by the end of this upcoming week. I was looking for an all kydex holster because I never liked the feeling of leather against my skin like most of the hybrid holsters out their. Between a Galco and Comp-tac all kydex holster, the Foxx holster looked the best. I will post a review after a few days wearing it. Also, the price they list includes shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    I just placed my order last night, so I am hoping I will get it by the end of this upcoming week. I was looking for an all kydex holster because I never liked the feeling of leather against my skin like most of the hybrid holsters out their. Between a Galco and Comp-tac all kydex holster, the Foxx holster looked the best. I will post a review after a few days wearing it. Also, the price they list includes shipping!
    Oh well that's even better! The only reserve I have with that holster is that there is nothing to keep the top of the slide from digging into my side.

Links