Best pocket holster? Advice needed

This is a discussion on Best pocket holster? Advice needed within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am going to be buying a pocket 380 soon. I think either the Ruger LCP or the S&W BG 380. I was thinking of ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Best pocket holster? Advice needed

I am going to be buying a pocket 380 soon. I think either the Ruger LCP or the S&W BG 380. I was thinking of just getting a Remora so I could carry IWB and in pocket.

In your opinion, what is the best holster set up for pocket carry? Thank you!

**edit - to clarify further - i have a SR9c and understand some people don't like 380. I'm willing to sacrifice the power for the times i need a smaller weapon to pocket carry. I've been trying to pocket carry the SR9c and the weight causes me to leave the gun at home more. I want this to stop**
    Last edited by Adam_SDG; October 28th, 2012 at 12:34 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Firstly, please consider the LC9 instead of the LCP, as a 9mm round is much more effective as a self defense round, and mag capacity is the same (I think) with only a slight increase in overall size.

That said, the best concealment holster I know isn't a "pocket holster" per se, but take a look at these:
    THE GLOCKTECH STORE
    (the above page will show you how this holster functions as well as youtube videos on them)
    (caveat: glocktech only makes these for Glocks and a couple other guns.. however, the below link, makes these for nearly ANY gun, and his turnaround is a couple of weeks on them. He's doing one for my PPQ now.)
    Multi Holsters ~ Quality Custom KYDEX Gun Holsters for Inside, Outside, Multi 2-in-1 Inside/Outside Waistband & Mag Holders - TC Style

Also, for about $20, you can't beat the price or versatility.
    OnePlink likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_SDG View Post
    In your opinion, what is the best holster set up for pocket carry? Thank you!
    I really like the DeSantis Nemesis or Super Fly pocket holsters. Well made and with a nice tacky outside texture that keeps the holster in your pocket when you draw.

For waist carry I restyle prefer a solid attachment to the belt in the form of snap loops or at least a clip. This way I know the gun is going to be in the same place, at the same angle, every time I reach for it.

I admit I've never tried a Remora, though, and other people do seem to like them.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Firstly, please consider the LC9 instead of the LCP, as a 9mm round is much more effective as a self defense round, and mag capacity is the same (I think) with only a slight increase in overall size.
    I'm not sure about the LC9. It has a truly terrible trigger and if Internet chatter is anything to go by it has many more problems than the slightly smaller LCP. If the OP decides he wants to upgrade to a pocket 9mm there are other options than the Ruger (Kahr CM9, Beretta NANO, Walther PPS, etc.).
    Mike

“Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion... in private self-defense.”
    John Adams (Americas 2nd US President)

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdauben View Post
    I'm not sure about the LC9. It has a truly terrible trigger and if Internet chatter is anything to go by it has many more problems than the slightly smaller LCP. If the OP decides he wants to upgrade to a pocket 9mm there are other options than the Ruger (Kahr CM9, Beretta NANO, Walther PPS, etc.).
    I did forget to mention that Galloway Precision does great trigger work for the LC9, but I just mentioned the LC because he was looking at the Rugers. I'd also have to remove the mag disconnect, personally.. yeah lots of good choices, but mainly I hoped to steer him away from .380ACP. :) The gun I'm looking at, myself is the M&P Shield for a small, Summer EDC.

There is no best pocket holster. It depends on the person's likes and dislikes.
    Lets break it down to leather or nylon. That will make it easier for you.
    Nylon is always cheaper to make and a slicker draw. With that said some guns tend to fall out. Leather will always be more money but make a stiffer holster to last a life time and much more retention. The retention can be set to each user's likes

Our draw instructions here
    Pocket Grabber Instructions

We make these Pocket Holsters

Hope that helps you out.
    Justin
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

I've got a BG 380. I like the Remora better for IWB because it sticks in place better. I prefer Nemesis for pocket carry because it is easier to put in pocket, but stays in place when drawing. Between those two I prefer the Remora overall.

DeSantis Nemesis works for me. Good quality.

I like the FISt pocket holsters (either leather or Kydex) due to their use of a thumb tab to assist in removing the gun from the holster Fist pocket holster
    rcu316 likes this.

I have a few holster made by Jim at Hidden Holsters - Expertly Crafted Pocket Holsters for my LCPs. I use the ones with the anti-print panel, and also asked him to add a thumb push-off. Works very well. Only down side is the wait - he is a one-man operation.

I also have some Desantis Nemesis and Superfly holsters. I use one for my LCR, and another for those times when I pocket my G26 (mostly when in uniform).

I find that the revolver prints less in the pocket than a semi auto due to its shape, despite its larger size.

Hope this helps!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Cool

I carry a Diamondback .380 in a High Noon Pocket Grabber.

Quality made and it stays where you put it.

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

OS
    High Noon likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Naufragia View Post
    DeSantis Nemesis works for me. Good quality.
    +1 the holster I bought with my shield!

My only experience with pocket holsters is Mika's holsters Products Overview Page of Mika's Pocket Holsters. I own two and I can say that they are well made and function perfectly.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I love my Remora, the guns I carry in it too big for pocket carry but I think it would work fine. I carried a 442 in a Nemesis in my pocket and it worked great.

Mika holster, i have three of them and love 'em. Also love my bodyguard380.
    Welcome to my home, that door you just kicked in, was locked for your protection, not mine.

+1 for Fist pocket holster. The thumb tab is slick and the gun cones out of the holster every time.
    Jeff

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links