Defensive Carry banner

Dangit, dangit, dangit... Pocket carry to OWB to...

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  iguanadon 
#1 ·
I've only been carrying since August with an LCP in an Uncle George wallet holster in back pocket and been very happy with it. Today with the cooler weather I tried my Glock27 in a paddle holster under a loose sweatshirt as my wife and I ran errands to the mall, grocery store, etc and I loved how it felt... I've had this Fist holster on order for the G27 and have another couple of weeks to wait. FIST, INC.

And now I'm wondering what's next... IWB? Never thought I'd go that route, but now I'm not so sure. Thing is I work from home and don't go out very often, so the new Fist holster should be just fine. But we'll see... I could see a Theis IWB in my future...

I guess this is a natural progression for many folks...

#3 ·
Holsters are an addiction.... LOL I'm also thinking of getting me a new kydex OWB holster for my glock 30 SF.. And think I'm Gonna sell of my brigade gun leather IWB holster... Only used it couple times.. And just don't care for it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#4 ·
OWB rocks. And with NC being an OC state, printing is not an issue unless you have a personal aversion to it. I carry a G19 OWB year round. I go IWB if I really don't want to be noticed. But for generally running around town, OWB hybrid holster under a t shirt.

#5 ·
Mode of carry is very personal. Depends on body shape, clothing selection and preference. Hard to know until you've done the different modes (pocket, IWB, OWB).

OWB is nice, though, if your lifestyle and clothing can swing it. Fist Holsters makes a decent product, very durable, high value. I've got a bunch of them, for several different guns.

Having an IWB and an OWB option for a given gun is useful.

Once you've settled on a preferred mode of carry, consider getting one for the other side (ie, RH strong-side, but a second for LH draw). Useful for those times when you're stuck with a hand injury, or whatever.

If I were to do it all again, knowing what I now know, and if I had a slush fund to cover a variety of holsters just to try out several to see which I preferred, I'd probably do something like this: Milt Sparks VM2 (IWB); Fist #18 Murnak paddle (OWB); and, if the gun size allowed, a Mitch Rosen Pocket Softy [aka, PSF] (pocket holster). A bit more expensive than most, but all are excellent.

#7 ·
I almost went with the FIST paddle holster, but ended up with this one and am happy with it. Can't wait to get my FIST pancake I have on order.

Fusion Paddle

Yes, the holster thing can easily become an addiction... I know I enjoy 'window shopping' online.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.