Blackhawk Serpa Holster

This is a discussion on Blackhawk Serpa Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up one of these holsters at the LGS today when I went to pick up my new Glock 27. I've heard many good ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Blackhawk Serpa Holster

Thumbs up Blackhawk Serpa Holster

I picked up one of these holsters at the LGS today when I went to pick up my new Glock 27. I've heard many good reviews about these holsters and wanted a good OWB holster, so I decided the price was right and purchased one. This holster lets you choose if you want to use it as a belt or paddle holster and you can also adjust the cant and ride height. After wearing this holster for the past 2 hours, let me tell you that this holster is great! I had a Fobus paddle holster for me LCP and the thing stuck way out and felt "cheap". This Blackhawk holster definitely seems well made and I feel like it would take a lot to do damage to it.

I can post some pictures of it if you all would like!

2. Remove Ads

Sure, post away!

I know some people dont like them because you have to use your firing finger to release the locking mechanism but if you practice and know what your doing then there will be nothing wrong with it.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

I have a Black Serpa for my G 19. It is a fine piece of equipment.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade906 View Post
    Sure, post away!

I know some people dont like them because you have to use your firing finger to release the locking mechanism but if you practice and know what your doing then there will be nothing wrong with it.
    That was one part about the holster that I liked. The button you depress is in the location where your pointer finger naturally falls when you draw your gun. Well, for me at least.

Sponsor
    I really like the Serpa in a thigh rig, but prefer to use IWB holsters for concealed carry in civilian clothing. If you are open to IWB take a look at SHTF Gear LLC.

Thanks,
    Clay

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    That was one part about the holster that I liked. The button you depress is in the location where your pointer finger naturally falls when you draw your gun. Well, for me at least.
    Here is a video from Paul Gomez that helped me with the release. Sadly, Paul recently passed. A huge loss to the firearm community, IMO.

DontTreadOnI likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Many training groups have banned the use of the SERPA because of accidents.

Just sayin'...

Lead Moderator
    Good video of how to use the SERPA with lock. Thanks.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Blackhawk Serpa Holster

I started with a serpa as my first holster.

I have since purchased a safariland with the SLS and ALS. I like the safariland much more than the serpa because it is better constructed, more secure, and I feel that it is a more functional product.

I also own a quik tuck from crossbreed which I am obsessed with for IWB carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse typos.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Many training groups have banned the use of the SERPA because of accidents.

Just sayin'...
    Maybe you should have them watch the above video....
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

List Of Serpa Failures
    JD and tmoore912 like this.

I still love my holster. My trigger finger stays parallel with the gun the whole draw out, not curved in ready to touch the trigger. To each his own though.
    JDE101 likes this.

I still love my holster. My trigger finger stays parallel with the gun the whole draw out, not curved in ready to touch the trigger. To each his own though.
    As long as it works for you then it doesn't matter what others have to say....
    Luckey1115 likes this.

This is my experience as well. Pressing the release on the Serpa has my finger automatically indexed correctly as the weapon is drawn. Hooking the finger inward and pulling the trigger on the draw would be an un-natural movement. The Serpa seems safe enough to me. Nothing is idiot proof of course.
    JDE101 and Luckey1115 like this.

its not a drawing of the gun issue. its if some sort of small object such as a rock gets in the release button the gun is stuck, or it the holster has wear and has wrapped at all you can press down on the gun and cause to fire as the locking bar is inside the trigger guard, and then there's the fact that at least glocks can be inserted backwards and get stuck. such as when you are doing offhand one handed drills
    JD likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links