Custom appendix carry holster from R Grizzle Leather

This is a discussion on Custom appendix carry holster from R Grizzle Leather within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just received my custom R Grizzle holster today. It is a variant of his rough-n-ready holster which he built for my P220SAS carry. It ...

Thread: Custom appendix carry holster from R Grizzle Leather

I just received my custom R Grizzle holster today. It is a variant of his rough-n-ready holster which he built for my P220SAS carry. It is an offset clip design to it is nice and thin and conceals very well. Being a single offset clip, it does rotate ever so slightly during the drawstroke, but I've got other holsters with similar designs which all do the same thing. The holster is extremely comfortable straight out of the box.

It is a natural horsehide holster, with reinforced mouth, and rough side out. Retention is good, fit is excellent, and all in all in seems to be a nice piece. Can't wait to see how it works out over the next few days. The Grizzles were very open to taking on the custom project. It was a first for them to my understanding, but after a few emails back in forth everything was lined out and a price was agreed on. I recommend that anyone who is interested in a custom holster, or variant of something they already make (or even something exactly like they already make :) ) give them a call or send them an email. Good folks, reasonable turnaround time (2 months) and fair pricing.

Here it is for those interested:20121030_184523.jpg20121030_184509.jpg

Looks like they did everything right. Well done to you both!
    Red (Richard) Nichols

Re: Custom appendix carry holster from R Grizzle Leather

Thanks Red.

I got to carry this rig a good bit today and so far I have no gripes with it. For an appendix IWB rig the comfort level is great. I have a kydex holster that is for OWB carry of a glock 19 that is less comfortable than this setup by a large margin.

sent via iCarry

Links