Ruger LC9 IWB help

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9 IWB help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, so I am not only new to the gun world, but also new to the ccw world. I am a bit heavy (225 lbs ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LC9 IWB help

Ruger LC9 IWB help

Ok, so I am not only new to the gun world, but also new to the ccw world. I am a bit heavy (225 lbs at 5'6") and am looking for the ideal IWB holster.

I am interested in actual experiences, not "well my friend says" or "this one is highly reccomended".

I was considering the one over at http://www.n82tactical.com

What do you guys think?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

2. Remove Ads

I just placed my order for a N82 holster today for my Glock27 after doing a lot of research and never thinking I'd carry IWB.

I guess my reply is useless since I haven't actually received it yet. ;-)

But seriously, I looked at Crossbreed, I looked at Theis, then I watched a couple of videos on You Tube about the N82 today and I like the smaller profile. Videos are a good way to hear from others and see the holsters other than on the sales websites.

Good luck in your search.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Home of the Original Remora No Clip IWB Concealment Holster

I used one with the sweat shield for my LCP. Great holster and comfortable to wear all day. It took a while of wearing to get used to there not being a clip to secure the holster to your pants, but you don't need a clip with this holster.

I'm awaiting the delivery of a new one for my Glock 27.

Found this review: Professional Holster

The guy cant seem to rave enough about it. I believe it may be worth the cost, I wish I could rent a holster for a week to try it out

This what I use and like. It is not the only holser I have for my LC9, but it is the only one I use.

FIST, INC.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Sponsor

Re: Ruger LC9 IWB help

Check out SHTF Gear holsters. A comfortable hybrid design with the durability of kevlar thread and stability of dual belt clips. Our holsters are narrower than most hybrid holsters on the market.

You can find a holster for your handgun here. http://www.shtfgear.com/Holster-by-M.../ACE-1-RUG-LC9

Give us a look, I think you will really like them. Good luck in your search!

Thanks,
    Clay

I like what I see in N82's Professional model.
    Red (Richard) Nichols

Good news! There are lots of holsters, but an ideal one? You let me know when that one comes along. I used a cbst for my lc9. I liked it and would recommend it or some variety like it. Having now used a kilt soaks vmii I like the smaller profile of the kilt sparks. A combate cut is a good idea imo on the cbst. I like that about my new holster. The cbst does work as advertised and is a great holster. Hear the waits not as long as it has been. Best thing I got for my holster was a great belt

Www.thebeltman.net
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Get a belly band. I have lost 50 lbs. but was actually 254 and 5'6". I found that a belly band worked well then and now for IWB.

I have the N8squared original holster. Most comfortable IWB I own.

Have had many holsters and have to say that my N82 is the most comfortable, own two of them and looking at another. Both of my Minitors have gone by the wayside.

I do recomend that for the LC9 to get the Professional model as the retention is better.
    I'm clinging to my guns and religion.

I got a Theis horsehide IWB for my LC9 and really like it. I carry the LC9 at about 4 o'clock and after a few weeks the holster conforms well around my right hip. It does squeak a bit but baby powder takes care of that.

I'm not the most experienced but the OP asked what we think.

I think the N82 looks like a good holster. It is made in America (+++++). I'm hung up on the need to turn the gun to release.

My other thought -- because of its size, I've wanted a LC9 for a long time. For me, purchasing a large holster for this size of gun defeats the purpose.

How to those of you that have an LC9 feel?

I've considered Holsterpro Holsterpro Gun Leather - Custom Hand Crafted in the U.S.A. and the holster store THE HOLSTER STORE | these two holster, seem to me, to be more suitable for a gun this size.

Just my two cents.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Ruger LC9 IWB help

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    I'm not the most experienced but the OP asked what we think.

I think the N82 looks like a good holster. It is made in America (+++++). I'm hung up on the need to turn the gun to release.

My other thought -- because of its size, I've wanted a LC9 for a long time. For me, purchasing a large holster for this size of gun defeats the purpose.

How to those of you that have an LC9 feel?

I've considered Holsterpro Holsterpro Gun Leather - Custom Hand Crafted in the U.S.A. and the holster store THE HOLSTER STORE | these two holster, seem to me, to be more suitable for a gun this size.

Just my two cents.
    Shoot an LC9 before you buy. I made the mistake of buying one based on its specs alone and I believe I made a mistake. It's small and conceals well, but the stock trigger is long and hard.

A little more than a year ago for $18 I picked up an off brand IWB holster for my LC9 at a gun show after trying on several "name" brands that I wasn't comfortable with. I've worn it everyday since with no problems. It's comfortable and conceals well. What I'm saying is that with holsters, like shoes or clothing, try a few until you find one you like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links