Give a new guy some help with cc a glock 19?

This is a discussion on Give a new guy some help with cc a glock 19? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not many answers you receive, skinny I am not....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Give a new guy some help with cc a glock 19?

Not many answers you receive, skinny I am not.

2. Remove Ads

I concur the belt has a lot to do with it, but a Glock 19 isn't all that heavy so if you carry IWB you might be able to get away with a lesser belt. The key IMO for skinny people is to wear a holster with two attachment points spread out (i.e. Galco V Hawk, Milt Sparks VM2, Galco King Tuck)
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    I'm a little on the skinny side with not much for a rear end, lol. You definitely need a good gun belt, but for me I decided appendix carry was my best option.

I love having the gun up in front. Much more comfortable and easier to keep concealed with my lack of body shape. You should atleast consider it.
    I wish I could appendix carry. I think my gut is in the way.
    smolck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    I wish I could appendix carry. I think my gut is in the way.
    LOL! This is why I don't appendix carry too, mine isn't huge (yet) but it is noticeable. The way it forces the barrel inwards and directly pointed at "man land" makes me uneasy. Nope, 3-4 oclock carry for fatty (me).
    sioux565 likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    LOL! This is why I don't appendix carry too, mine isn't huge (yet) but it is noticeable. The way it forces the barrel inwards and directly pointed at "man land" makes me uneasy. Nope, 3-4 oclock carry for fatty (me).
    Glad I'm not the only one!

Wilderness Instructor belt (or a AG Custom Gun Leather if you need a dress belt) and an N82 Tactical Pro iwb holster and you'll be gtg!

Wish I'd have bought my N82 first and it would have saved me the cost of an Old Faithful and Crossbreed Super Tuck that just sit there now!

So buy a good gun belt? You guys are telling me that all this discomfort can be solved by a thick piece of leather!? Amazing! Where should I order from? Is there any place in particular that carries quailty belts for a reasonable price?

i have no butt and am also tall and skinny. i carry aiwb with a clipdraw and a mic holster.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBadger417 View Post
    So buy a good gun belt? You guys are telling me that all this discomfort can be solved by a thick piece of leather!? Amazing! Where should I order from? Is there any place in particular that carries quailty belts for a reasonable price?
    Wilderness Instructor Belt: The Wilderness Original Instructor Belt 1-1/2 inch FREE SHIPPING
    AG Custom Gun Leather Belts: Custom Gun Belts, Custom Leather Belts from A & G Custom Gun Leather

I have one of each, both are 1 1/2" wide. Love em both. I wear the AG at the office since the Wilderness is more casual.

VIP Member
    I second A&G Custom Gun Leather. Very good product.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryBadger417 View Post
    Okay so here's the dealio. I am a tall and very skinny guy,and every time I wear my gun in a holster it just pulls my pants down off my non existent back side. So I would like to know how do you skinny guys deal with this? I am buying a 1.5" cc belt from the glock store and I think that may help. Any other tips or tricks will be greatly appreciated. Also will a galco belly band type deal work? I want to wear my gun behind my left hip (I'm a lefty) and in the video it shows the gun basically just tucked into the waistband like the true thug we all know we are :). Is this type of carry comfortable?

Thanks everyone!

This belt:
    Original S.O.E. Gear

This holster:
    GLOCKTECH INDUSTRIES - Home of the Original MIC Holster since 1997
    (The MIC holster)

You'll thank me later. :)

same problem here.. i'm 5'7" @ 155lbs. Hard to conceal my G19, so i only carry it during the fall/colder season and my beretta nano when it's warmer..

TOF
    I agree with the post above regarding Perry Suspenders. The 2 " units work better than Walmart specials.

Perry Suspenders
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    come on now. I'm about 5'6" and 110 lbs, and I can carry a Walther PPQ concealed with two T-shirts.. one as an undershirt just to avoid chaffing from a belly band holster, or an OWB leather holster. I also use a "TC" holster if I plan to carry in my belt/wasteband without a conventional holster, like the MIC linked above. Thge PPQ has a 4" barrel and it's a service size pistol.

AG Gunleather is the way to go.

Size and build doesn't matter. You need a real belt. And a Glock 19 may be lightER, but with a topped off mag, it isn't light. I carry mine in a Milt Sparks Versa Max and an AG belt. Works pretty well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links