Making a Leather/Kydex Hybrid work with another gun

This is a discussion on Making a Leather/Kydex Hybrid work with another gun within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a Glock 27. My favorite holster is a Galco King Tuck and I bought it for my M&P series guns. Well I ...

I just bought a Glock 27. My favorite holster is a Galco King Tuck and I bought it for my M&P series guns. Well I don't like to spend money if I don't have to so I decided to "remold" the kydex to fit my Glock. It is noteworthy that the Glock did fit into the holster, but it didn't "click" into place and the trigger wasn't as covered as I wanted it to be (this is because of the elongated trigger guard of the Glock)

So I heated my oven to 250 degrees, placed the holster on the bare oven rack for 4-5 minutes. I then took a towel and placed it on the top of the stove to work (obviously my gun was unloaded and the mag was out of the weapon). The second you take it out of the oven you better be ready to work, I instantly pushed the firearm HARD into the holster and at the same time pushed down on the main body so it wouldn't deform (oh, and I folded the towel over it so my hand wouldn't get burned. I just held pressure for about 20 seconds and then run it under cold water to "set" it when done. The end result fits PERFECTLY! And I get that positive "click" when reholstering.

So, while it may not work if you have a holster for a 1911 and you want to make it fit a Glock 30, on firearms that are "close" you can save your money and make what you have work.

Hope this helps someone save money.
    Attached Images
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Re: Making a Leather/Kydex Hybrid work with another gun

Nice little mod... Now pop them rivets out and put in some screws and pick up a sheet of kydex for cheapo and make another shell for your other gun...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    Nice little mod... Now pop them rivets out and put in some screws and pick up a sheet of kydex for cheapo and make another shell for your other gun...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    That is a great idea. Seems a forum sponsor makes a holster system like that. Maybe I'll take the saved cash and stimulate the economy.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

smolck,

I LOVE your avatar!
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Links