Know of any inexpensive holster options for Smith & Wesson 442?

This is a discussion on Know of any inexpensive holster options for Smith & Wesson 442? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I'm getting my wife a model 442 in a couple weeks and would like to get her a holster at that time as ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Know of any inexpensive holster options for Smith & Wesson 442?

Know of any inexpensive holster options for Smith & Wesson 442?

Hey guys, I'm getting my wife a model 442 in a couple weeks and would like to get her a holster at that time as well so she can open carry until she gets her concealed carry license. I was looking at the Blackhawk leather speed classic OWB it's like $30 on amazon. Also checking out Old Faithful holsters for their tuckable hybrid stage 3 for about $40 for when she gets her concealed license. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on these holsters or any suggestions on other options? Looking for something inexpensive and comfortable with good retention OWB for now and something IWB for later.

I was wondering if there was a holster that is inexpensive that could be worn both outside and inside the waistband? That way I wouldn't have to buy two separate holsters. Money is tight and we can barely afford the 442 by itself let alone the gun belt, and holster, and ammo, oh and speaking of gun belts any suggestions for that as well for the wife????

Thanks everybody with so many options we could really use some suggestions!

Oh sorry I forgot I should have been more specific, preferably under $40. The lower the better! Just because you get something for a great price doesn't mean it's junk! I got my Galco Triton Kydex IWB for my S&W M&P40c for $30 and it's an awesome holster. I wear it daily and serves me VERY well.

-gNg
    Last edited by guitarzNgunz; November 5th, 2012 at 07:19 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Re: Know of any inexpensive holster options for Smith & Wesson 442?

I have one suggestion, let her pick it out, I have a hard enough time picking out my own.

:o

Also, what do YOU consider inexpensive?

Tapatalk - Helping people post from bathrooms since 2009.
    Last edited by Thunder71; November 5th, 2012 at 10:54 AM.

Re: Know of any inexpensive holster options for Smith & Wesson 442?

Can't speak for OWB as I do not carry that way.

For IWB that is inexpensive, check out Remora and Foxx holsters. Remora is a no clip design and they start at $25. I carried my LCP in one for two months daily and it was great. I've been using a Foxx kydex holster for my Glock 27 that was $39 shipped. That one is all kydex with a clip. Both are great and would highly recommend both.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure what you consider "inexpensive", but in my book that's a holster fitted to the specific gun for under $100.

Go look at the list of holster-makers who support this forum... all risk the wrath and retribution of our forum if they don't deliver quality. Also, there is a host of relevant posts here: Mega holster maker's links list - thread updated

You may not want to wait for the holster with your wife's name on it, in which case ready-made is the way to go. Two reliable holster lines are DeSantis and Galco. For the 442, check out the De Santis Thumb Break Scabbard, and the Galco Cop 3-Slot. Both are leather OWB belt holsters with thumb breaks, both around $70.

I would steer clear of the generic holsters, the Uncle Mike's soft nylon, and Fobus... those all fall into the "buy cheap, buy twice" category.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I am using Ace holsters for my S&W 642 I find them reliable. (Inexpensive is not always a bad deal)
    2 for $25.00 with free shipping
    https://acecase.com/mix-match-holste...-shipping.html
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

i have an uncle mikes #3 for pocket carry and a remora for iwb for my 442. just a quick comment, make sure she tries whatever gun you get her before you buy it.

Don Hume

Get a de santis pocket-tuk as it allows cant and height adjustment to help make a decission on a final CC position . Let her deside the basics with it and then SHE can pick a quality holster for her needs. Cost is well under 20 bucks if you search around.

High noon and side guard are two that offer a lot of holster for the money.

guitarzNguns, Welcome to the forum! When asking a subjective question (re: "inexpensive") it makes it MUCH easier for us to spend your money if you'll give us an objective budget (i.e.: "$35). We're a diverse bunch 'round here. One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I use the Remora as both my pocket and IWB holster for my 442, I have used it for almost a year and was so pleased I bought one for my Glock 19, and they are the only holsters I use now(other than the few times I use a shoulder rig) .

Sponsor
    I've had tons of customers tell me that they regret buying the inexpensive ($20) nylon holster that they are ultimately unsatisfied with, whatever you do, you're better off buying one quality holster that will be comfortable and last. Like a previous poster said, there are tons of quality holster makers who are on this forum, and a lot of reviews of other holsters from non site sponsors. Do a little research and buy one good one.
    -Kevin
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    High noon and side guard are two that offer a lot of holster for the money.
    I carry my snub nose 38 in a High Noon Split Decision and love it. However it's an IWB but you can still open carry it by not putting a cover shirt over it. In most states as long as some of the gun is visible it should not be considered concealed, but check you state laws to be sure.

High Noon has holsters for less than $60.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    I carry my snub nose 38 in a High Noon Split Decision and love it. However it's an IWB but you can still open carry it by not putting a cover shirt over it. In most states as long as some of the gun is visible it should not be considered concealed, but check you state laws to be sure.

High Noon has holsters for less than $60.
    Yes I use their Mr Softy for several guns they are under $30, hold up well and ship the same day lots of times.

I second randypape's choice.....UNCLE MIKES. Notice I did not state "cheap" ahead of Uncle Mikes as I have seen on several posts. Mikes puts out a beautiful Ambetextrous Hip Holster for @$35.00. That Lightwight Smith would ride quite well in one of these.

Just because the price of something is not inflated to rip-off proportions we think it's "cheap". Not the case with these Uncle Mikes products. Maybe have your wife check one of these out (ideally with a J-frame nestled in it). You both may well be surprised.

These are a clip style OR a belt loop style (w/o the clip) IWB Or OWB. Nice adjustable thumbreaks....padded closed cell foam (keeps moisture away from gun)....well constructed of long lasting materials....well stitched....conform excellent to the guns shape.

I like all of my Uncle Mikes Holsters. Shoulder rigs, ankle rigs, OWB rigs. Used them for years and some on a daily basis.

neverenough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links