Soft IWB Holster for LCR

Soft IWB Holster for LCR

This is a discussion on Soft IWB Holster for LCR within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone seen a soft neoprene type holster with a real clip and good gun retention for a LCR? I have no interest in Remora ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Soft IWB Holster for LCR

Soft IWB Holster for LCR

Has anyone seen a soft neoprene type holster with a real clip and good gun retention for a LCR? I have no interest in Remora (no clip), tried the Uncle Mike's, etc which have no gun retention (it tends to walk out the top), and am looking for something other than leather or hybrids. Any other suggestions?
    Life is too short to shoot ugly guns.

Even though you said you have no interest in the Remora, I'll suggest the Remora!

Aside from that and the Uncle Mikes, I cannot think of any other neoprene IWB holster out there.
    FoggyGoggles likes this.

Ours is super thin leather with a clip that will hurt your finger if you left it under there.

Bare Asset

Mr Softy

Upper Cut

Alex

A Remora with a clip. I had them sew on a clip and it stays put on my smaller holsters.
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

N82 Tactical. Great soft holster. Maybe the most comfortable I've worn.

www.n82tactical.com
    Sig 229 Elite .40 S&W
    HK P2000 sk

I have a remora for my LCR. I don't have a problem with it staying put but it causes a rash if I have it next to my skin. I to am looking for a better way to carry but it difficult if you can't have a hands on look at the holster you are purchasing.

Rich

I use a Remora as well. But the suggestion for the N82 may be the closest to what you want. I think they are a neoprene type backing.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

You don't want a soft IWB holster. They collapse when you draw the gun and it takes both hands and then some to re-holster. I speak with the voice of experience and wasted money.

Quote Originally Posted by pir8fan View Post
    You don't want a soft IWB holster. They collapse when you draw the gun and it takes both hands and then some to re-holster. I speak with the voice of experience and wasted money.
    They are not a waste of money at all. It all depends on the users likes and dislikes. In your case you want one handed reholstering.

Other people may want a thin holster and do not want or think they need one handed reholstering. They just want something to hold the gun till they need it.

Its all about the job or intention the user has for the holster.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    They are not a waste of money at all. It all depends on the users likes and dislikes. In your case you want one handed reholstering.

Other people may want a thin holster and do not want or think they need one handed reholstering. They just want something to hold the gun till they need it.

Its all about the job or intention the user has for the holster.

Alex
    You have a point. I use several holsters and I've found that, for me, it's easier to put the holster on and then put the pistol in the holster. I only use my soft holsters to protect the gun in the safe or during transport.

This is why there are so many IWB holsters. Most people have different needs and wants. It is why we have a drawer full of holsters. If you want one hand re-holstering then Remora has a reinforced open mouth design. If you want better gun retention then I prefer the Remora original collapsible design and if you want tuckable they make one too. I like the Minotaur and Crossbreed holster as well. I prefer to have the clips on either side of the kydex for slimmer profile and stability. I have re-sold my old leather holsters because they felt like a brick inside my belt. I have not found one design that will satisfy everyone.
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

I have a stiff leather IWB that takes both hands to re-holster. My belt squeezes it in too tight. If I loosen the gun pulls my pants down.

Hi Zephyr. I see where you tried an Uncle Mikes......Did you happen to look at the Uncle Mikes "Ambetexterous Hip Holster"?

Mine carries my Smith J (bodyguard) all day...all night. Has a great adjustable thumbreak, utilizes a clip which is removable if you prefer running your belt through it.

(The extra rounds rig is my addition to Mikes patent)!

KEEEERAP......nevermind the photo, that's my J in Mikes ANKLE holster.....anyhow, I'll dig for a shot of the hip holster.

neverenough
    Attached Images

Re: Soft IWB Holster for LCR

Just about all the companies have a optional add on to a leather IBW holster which is usually a steel rim around the top (leather covered) to keep it open for re-holstering. That is what you are looking for. Nylon ones will not have it. Some leathers come with it, some it is an upgrade option.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

Love my UM # 36. For me it is the most comfortable way to carry my 642 IWB. Only about $13. One of the sizes will fit a LCR. Worth trying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links