Help with holster for Colt Commander LWT XSE

This is a discussion on Help with holster for Colt Commander LWT XSE within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need a holster for my Colt Commander LWT XSE. I'm down to two. Milt Sparks SS II available at Brownelles SEMI-AUTO SUMMER SPECIAL 2 ...

Thread: Help with holster for Colt Commander LWT XSE

Help with holster for Colt Commander LWT XSE

I need a holster for my Colt Commander LWT XSE. I'm down to two.

Milt Sparks SS II available at Brownelles SEMI-AUTO SUMMER SPECIAL 2 | Brownells for $95.

The other is Brommeland Max Con V High Performance Concealment Systems for the Professional $140 (service grade)

Other than the finish, to me, the biggest difference seems to be the placement of the belt loops.

The Sparks holster gets a lot of discussion on DC. Does anyone have a Brommeland? Does anyone have both? If so, which do you prefer and why?

I'm appreciative of any feedback or differences that I may be missing.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Mike
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

2. Remove Ads

I've used the Summer Special style holsters for years and they are very comfortable for carry. The Max Con V spreads the load over a wider area but takes up more room. I have a Sparks VM 2 for my Colt LW Commander and it's very easy to carry in. But I like the Summer Special holster for carry in the hotter summer months. Takes up less room and less area to sweat behind. The other thing to think about is how long a wait time is there for the Max Con V holster. It looks like Brownells has the Summer Special 2 in stock. Both will do the job very well.
    gunfighter 48
    A 45 may not expand but it will never be smaller than .45!!!
    NRA Life Member

Thanks gunfighter!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I have both a Summer Special and a Milt Sparks VMII (very similar to the Brommeland) for a Commander size gun.

I wear the VMII at least three times more often. It is thinner and holds the grip of the pistol closer to the body.

I also have a Galco version, the V Hawk which is excellent and available immediately.

Amazon.com: Galco V-Hawk IWB Holster 4in-41/4in 1911 Black Right HWK266B: Sports & Outdoors

I will also ad, I bought my Milt Sparks VMII from Alan Yost in Texas, (512) 426-0027. He frequently has them in stock, and when I called him he had one on my door step in under a week.
    NRA Life Member

Thanks Yetiman! I'm appreciative of your input and suggestions. I'll check out both.

Mike

Links