Safariland 6378 Holster

This is a discussion on Safariland 6378 Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mine came in the mail two days ago. I purchased one to replace my issued Serpa. I love it, it feels more sturdy and well ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By hk45c
  • 1 Post By hk45c
  • 1 Post By hk45c

Thread: Safariland 6378 Holster

Safariland 6378 Holster

Mine came in the mail two days ago. I purchased one to replace my issued Serpa.

I love it, it feels more sturdy and well made, it takes up less space on my belt, sits more secure, and most importantly when I draw I don't have to re-adjust my grip. With the Serpa there was a lot of space between my hand and the tang.

Then yesterday the one I ordered for my BUG/off duty came. I left the paddle attachment on this one. It feels like the belt attachment is on. Shoot, the paddle feels better than the belt attachment on the Serpa!

I love this holster! Wish I would have done this sooner.

Safariland ALS is head and shoulders above Serpa! The fit, finish, and locking mechanism are just better. I would say IMHO but I don't spout opinions, just facts. And no YMMV either, because like I just said, it's a fact so everyone's experience will be just like mine. So go out and buy one! NOW!!!
    BillK01 and MamaMaria like this.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

2. Remove Ads

Contemporary paddles are very comfortable, including your Safari. For some reason they are greatly underestimated on this forum. Safari has contoured theirs well, unlike the Galco and some others which have the open end of the paddle very wide. The Galco ignores ergonomics, while Safari and others have got it right with the narrow open end that suits the human dimension.

Well, I can't blame most people. Before this my experience w/paddle holsters was horrible. I tried the Serpa and the Sportster from Blackhawk and I think it may have been a Galco leather holster.

As stated, Safariland really did pay attention to the human body.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

Quote Originally Posted by hk45c View Post
    Mine came in the mail two days ago. I purchased one to replace my issued Serpa.

I love it, it feels more sturdy and well made, it takes up less space on my belt, sits more secure, and most importantly when I draw I don't have to re-adjust my grip. With the Serpa there was a lot of space between my hand and the tang.

Then yesterday the one I ordered for my BUG/off duty came. I left the paddle attachment on this one. It feels like the belt attachment is on. Shoot, the paddle feels better than the belt attachment on the Serpa!

I love this holster! Wish I would have done this sooner.

Safariland ALS is head and shoulders above Serpa! The fit, finish, and locking mechanism are just better. I would say IMHO but I don't spout opinions, just facts. And no YMMV either, because like I just said, it's a fact so everyone's experience will be just like mine. So go out and buy one! NOW!!!
    I concur. Replaced my Blackhawk Serpa for my Glock 23 with the Safariland ALS and MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer it.

I'd love to see pictures of it "in action." I've been looking for a holster with retention for my XD9. The stores around here only have the Serpas, and they just don't look like they're that well made. I haven't seen the Safariland in person, but it sounds like it might be just what I'm looking for. Do any of you know, is the 6378 adjustable for cant?

MamaMaria,

You can adjust the cant when you use the belt attachment, not with the paddle. Once my phone stops updating I'll post a few pics.

What kind of pics do you want?
    MamaMaria likes this.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

G27 in paddle

Back of paddle

Back of belt attachment (G22 w/light)

Top of paddle

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. Hope this helps.
    MamaMaria likes this.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

Thanks for the pics. I can see enough that it looks like it rides at a nice mid-height. I worried that it'd ride too high for me to draw comfortably (5'6" women here), but not so low that it'd bottom out when I sit. I think I'll get one ordered. Thanks for the help!

My pleasure. Try opticsplanet, or amazon if you have amazon prime for the free shipping.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

Does it conceal well with an untucked shirt, or would it require a sweatshirt/jacket?

My 27, yes. I wore it to church under a sweater that was more like a heavy weight t-shirt.

Yesterday I didn't have a chance to change after work. A friend needed my help so I pulled my polo over my 22. It was concealed ok, but I wouldn't carry that way on a regular basis.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

Links