Which Kydex holster zero concealment or x concealment for 1911?

This is a discussion on Which Kydex holster zero concealment or x concealment for 1911? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; These days there are sooo many people making kydex holsters. I guess it is because they are easy to make and cheap to make. That ...

Thread: Which Kydex holster zero concealment or x concealment for 1911?

Which Kydex holster zero concealment or x concealment for 1911?

These days there are sooo many people making kydex holsters. I guess it is because they are easy to make and cheap to make. That is what baffles me about some companies charge soo much money and take soo long to make the product (not going to say the company but you all know who I am referring to).

So I found these two companies that
    Zero concealment holsters: Cheap and decent turnaround. http://shop.zeroconcealmentsystems.c...lsters_c17.htm
    X concealment holsters: Probably one of the nicest looking kydex holsters I have seen and really fast turnaround time. X-Concealment Holster; Holsters, Belt holsters, Light holster, Mag pouch, Magazine pouch, Kydex Holster, Concealment Holster, Glock holsters, Pmag pouch, and Tactical Gear

Any opinions between these two??

Also on a side note, both of these companies list that they could make a holster for a 1911 commander (4.25"). I have a SA 4" 1911 champion. Would the 0.25" excess room be a problem??

2. Remove Ads

Of those two it would be Zero concealment just because I like the fit and finish better. But I would recommend the two below first.

Cane and Derby Home page

comptac.com
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Of those two it would be Zero concealment just because I like the fit and finish better. But I would recommend the two below first.

Cane and Derby Home page

comptac.com
    I was thinking of Cane and Derby. It looks like I have read reviews abou bad customer service and much longer lead times than quoted. I don't know if they have improved recently. I see they now have a 2 week lead time which sounds great if it is legit.

Have you personally owned or seen zero concealment and x concealment? I have read that some zero concealment holster edges come rough and sharp and you have to sand them down yourself. From pics it looks to me the X concealment holsters are a step above zero concealment in terms of fit and finish BUT that is from photos online not real world experience.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
    I was thinking of Cane and Derby. It looks like I have read reviews abou bad customer service and much longer lead times than quoted. I don't know if they have improved recently. I see they now have a 2 week lead time which sounds great if it is legit.

Have you personally owned or seen zero concealment and x concealment? I have read that some zero concealment holster edges come rough and sharp and you have to sand them down yourself. From pics it looks to me the X concealment holsters are a step above zero concealment in terms of fit and finish BUT that is from photos online not real world experience.
    I have yet to buy anything in kydex that I have left unmodified. I own an X-concealment pictured here, and it is adequate, but rides high for my tastes:X-concealment 001.JPG
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
    These days there are sooo many people making kydex holsters. I guess it is because they are easy to make and cheap to make. That is what baffles me about some companies charge soo much money and take soo long to make the product (not going to say the company but you all know who I am referring to).

So I found these two companies that
    Zero concealment holsters: Cheap and decent turnaround. Holsters
    X concealment holsters: Probably one of the nicest looking kydex holsters I have seen and really fast turnaround time. X-Concealment Holster; Holsters, Belt holsters, Light holster, Mag pouch, Magazine pouch, Kydex Holster, Concealment Holster, Glock holsters, Pmag pouch, and Tactical Gear

Any opinions between these two??

Also on a side note, both of these companies list that they could make a holster for a 1911 commander (4.25"). I have a SA 4" 1911 champion. Would the 0.25" excess room be a problem??
    The length is not too big a problem but I have found that Springfield 1911's are over spec in the dust cover and trigger guard. Not that big of deal but you may find the holster too tight. Easy fix with a heat gun or even a hair dryer.

Links