Searched "fat guy" and zero results.....?

This is a discussion on Searched "fat guy" and zero results.....? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry OWB with an untucked shirt 90% of the time. Glock 19 in a kydex or hybrid holster....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Searched "fat guy" and zero results.....?

I carry OWB with an untucked shirt 90% of the time. Glock 19 in a kydex or hybrid holster.
    cthruit and rolyat63 like this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

2. Remove Ads

I've had the good fortune of owning many guns over the last 25 years, but CC wasn't a realistic motivator until this year. I looked into Liposuction just on my Strong Side but found the risk and expense more than I could tolerate. Until then, I'm going to do the serious work of being taught by you guys and try to avoid the expense of the "holster drawer"......If I listen, I trust you folks can save me some frustration. I'm glad to be a part of this Forum......Thanks for all the responses......Sandpiper
    Paymeister likes this.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    I've had the good fortune of owning many guns over the last 25 years, but CC wasn't a realistic motivator until this year. I looked into Liposuction just on my Strong Side but found the risk and expense more than I could tolerate. Until then, I'm going to do the serious work of being taught by you guys and try to avoid the expense of the "holster drawer"......If I listen, I trust you folks can save me some frustration. I'm glad to be a part of this Forum......Thanks for all the responses......Sandpiper
    The only way Ive avoided the holster drawer is I sell what doesn't work. DR
    Sandpiper likes this.

I like that people acknowledge that there are problems for fat people to carry I have mine in a Maxpedition bag but it take to long to access thought about the jeans and a belt and suspenders to hold it up keep the info coming(yes suspenders because when I wear jeans and have anything in pockets It don't take anything to have pants around ankles)no matter how tight the belt
    Sandpiper likes this.

bobholets......That visual is worth a million dollars my friend.......If I had it, I'd give it to you. Be encouraged though.....I'm moving in the right direction with the help of a lot of good guys right here.....Hang in. Sandpiper

VIP Member
    This is me too. I wear suspenders everyday. With a suit/dress pants, it can be seen as a fashion statement. With jeans/dockers - not so much. For jeans/dockers, I go with perry suspenders and a cover shirt untucked; it may or may not be buttoned up. This set up allows me to carry IWB (preferred), OWB, pocket or shoulder holster and not have to constantly be tugging up my pants.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I am on the heavy side myself and I fell in love the Perrys suspenders. Heard about them on this forum and they do really help. I carry a Kimber ultra II in a holster I found at a gun shop. It was a no name brand but very well made of leather. It was suposed to be for a Glock 36 but the Kimber fits into it well.

I no longer have the body I did when playing ball but here's what works for me. First I buy my pants a size bigger than I need, this gives me room if I do want to IWB but it also gives me more room in the pockets. I generally wear 5.11 tac light pro pants with a 5.11 opperators belt. The pants have plenty of room and pockets for me and the belt is super stiff for a holster and infinately adjustable (velcro). Most of the time I carry my Glock 27 in a Galco SOB holster at 4:30. I carry my BUG, a DB9, in my left front pocket in a Uncle Mikes size 2 (pocket was modified by adding elastic strap to keep gun upright), and a deep conceal NAA Pug .22WMA in the mag pocket. I always have my cell, a pen, 4 sevens preon, 4 sevens Quark 123A, EDC knife, SD knife and OC on me. My point is big guys can carry alot comfortably, it's just a matter of finding out what works best for you.

I'm 6 foot 330 and I have weird love handles I'm fat I don't care I carry at 2 o'clock in the waistband between the love handle and gut when I'm on my scooter I will shoulder holster
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

Let's keep this one going boys !!!!
    fat boys rule!!

Now I need a Twinkie crap I can't find any
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

Sorry Big Boys, I have no point of reference. But when I read "330-345 lbs" and "ankle holster" in the same post, I get a mental picture that just doesn't add up. Even in a vehicle, I imagine sheer logistics becoming a problem.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I know this is late into the thread, but I just wanted to point out that we are not fat, we are "portly!"
    Sarge65 likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

high pockets....You're a good man. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    This is me too. I wear suspenders everyday. With a suit/dress pants, it can be seen as a fashion statement. With jeans/dockers - not so much. For jeans/dockers, I go with perry suspenders and a cover shirt untucked; it may or may not be buttoned up. This set up allows me to carry IWB (preferred), OWB, pocket or shoulder holster and not have to constantly be tugging up my pants.
    when I was heavy I started using Perry suspenders and they worked great. you don't have to wear the belt so tight or constantly pulling up my pants. for IWB I used M-TAC Minotaur and a Wilderness belt, that set up worked the best. another option was a shoulder holster [Miami Classic], but I just used the holster and put it on a Bianchi X15 single side holster harness which I still use and it is very comfortable with my Glocks.
    since then I have lost over 30lbs and can't believe how much easier it is to carry large guns.

was someone looking for me?
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links