Searched "fat guy" and zero results.....? - Page 3

Searched "fat guy" and zero results.....?

This is a discussion on Searched "fat guy" and zero results.....? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Seems I'm not the only tubby looking for options. I'm giving serious thought to the suspenders myself, hopefully I can wear them under a t-shirt ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Searched "fat guy" and zero results.....?

Seems I'm not the only tubby looking for options. I'm giving serious thought to the suspenders myself, hopefully I can wear them under a t-shirt without them sticking out like a sore thumb.

I'm a double extra large petit myself, so I can speak to this. I've not found an IWB holster that I like, because I already got plenty of a$$ in my jeans, if you follow me.

I carry three ways, and carry every day. I use a Desantis Speed Scabbard for my 1911 on my belt. In the colder weather I'll sometime use an old Jackass (Galco Leather these days) Miami Classic shoulder rig, with double mag's on the off side. I've changed the harness from brown to black, only because the black harness disappears against a black tee shirt better than the brown did.

I also carry a Kimber Solo Carry in my right front pocket, sans holster. You just have to ensure you get the dust bunnies and lint out of it every now and again. Doesn't print, and it's easy to stand in a crowded room, with your pistol in your hand, and nobody know it.

Good luck and welcome to our world. Be safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

I googled it and my phone rang
    Brad426 likes this.

StarPD45
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I carry OWB with an untucked shirt 90% of the time. Glock 19 in a kydex or hybrid holster.
    Any hint on a good kydex or hybrid holster brand? Just got a G19 last week.
    Heard about the Glock Sport Combat, but haven't seen one in the flesh.

As I've gotten somewhat larger in the waist in the last many years. I also carry "K" framed revolvers, and have found that as long as the center of gravity of the revolver is below the wais they are quite comfortable. My 4" 10 my peek out a little below my shirt, but the 2" remains quite concieled. My biggest problem is finding a holster that carries like that.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    ... I looked into Liposuction just on my Strong Side but found the risk and expense more than I could tolerate. ...
    ^^^ that's a scream! hm... and might be a good idea...

I have a friend who calls me The Great One. Not sure how he meant it, but I'm 6'4" and 400 lbs.

I carry in a tuckable IWB at 4:00 or so, in a Kydex holster I made (Kydex and Chicago Screws from Knifekits.com). It is quite comfortable except when using chairs with arms. The grip pushes in on my muffin top and there's very little printing with a full-sized duty pistol.

Wishing you the best...

VIP Member
    Color me stupid, I thought he was looking for Santa.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Before I shed the previous 30lbs, I used a Smart Carry SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters holster to carry my LC9. I now use one for my S&W Shield. When I opt to carry my SR9C or others... :), I use a Crossbreed Super Tuck in the 4:30 - 5:00 position.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    Searched "fat guy" and zero results.....?

was someone looking for me?

I too am "portly" and thrilled to see this thread. Currently carry a LCP using either a owb paddle, Bulldog cell phone case, or their cell phone/IWB combination holster. I do like the IWB carry as it seems hide well and isn't too hard to draw. So now I am looking for a good IWB since it seems to hide everything under the spare tire. The cheep pocket holster (Allen $7.99) I have works to conceal but my fingers don't get the best grip so I'm looking for another option there. As soon as I can find a good IWB and belt combination for my Desert Eagle I will try that. Keep the posts coming!
    Have a happy new year everyone.
    Mark

You called?
    5'8" 210#
    g34covered.jpgg34gunout.jpg
    That is my G34 edc, 1/2 the time I wear a t-shirt and a flannel cover (not buttoned) but You get the idea.
    the holster its self looks like this
    holsterlight.jpg
    Hope this helps a little.

Have a great day.
    Carry Always, Carry Safe
    csholsters.com

I'm 5'10" and around 260. I have just started my search for a ccw and holster setupand plan on getting my permit shortly. I've about decided on an iwb theis or crossbreed holster. Any other large guys have any input on these holsters for comfort and concealability?

I'm 5'8" and 230lbs. I did find this holster that seems to work for me. It has its problems tho. Its so thin that it is hard to re holster. but it fits just under my handles. DR

I'm a fatty and use a N82 Tactical Professional at about 4 o'clock position with a S&W M&P9c. No big printing issues wearing normal T-shirts, and comfortable as can be. I recommend it. Pictures will come later.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links