Defensive Carry banner

Smith model 19

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  SatCong 
#1 ·
Any suggestions for an IWB for a smith 19 2inch. Every time is open the safe and see this beauty there, I think there really isn't any gun better for me. It shoots great, packs power, is simple and reliable

#2 ·
Despite my passion for Smiths, and I have a M19 6" - I had not realized there was a 2". Or was that cut down?

Sounds real nice, a K frame snubbie :smilez:

#4 ·
Yeah, its a K frame snub (1974)

I'm not sure it's 2", but is it is less than 3, which was an FBI spec. It's not much more than 2"; I have and OWB in which it was carried many years ago. Anyway, I'd like to find an IWB to make it more usable down here in the south.

#6 ·
#8 ·
OWB alternative - Kramer belt scabbard

I know you asked about an IWB holster, but I wanted to make a pitch for OWB carry for this type of snubby revolver. I have a gun almost exactly like yours - mine is the S&W model 66 with 2.5 inch barrel. I believe that with the right holster and adequate cover garment it conceals just as well OWB as IWB, and is more comfortable that way.

I advocate a stiff, high riding belt scabbard holster that covers the hammer and adjustable sights portion of the gun and just exposes the grip. This keeps the hammer and sights from abrading your clothing and prevents snagging. A good holster for this is the Kramer horsehide belt scabbard, which is very stiff but thin leather:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.