Anyone carry a Ruger SR9?

This is a discussion on Anyone carry a Ruger SR9? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a Ruger SR9 for CCW. I tried to search the forum for some information or suggestions as to what holster, position, etc ...

I just bought a Ruger SR9 for CCW. I tried to search the forum for some information or suggestions as to what holster, position, etc folks use and keep getting zero results.

I'm a big guy. Although I'm only 5'11, I weigh in at 290. I wear my pants at my waist, not below my belly.

I'm thinking of getting an IWB holster that I can tuck my shirt in with. I've been looking at the Crossbreed SuperTuck and the Galco KingTuk. I think most of my carrying will be with an untucked shirt, but I want the option of tucking a shirt in.

Any suggestions or advice?

I did just order the Cabela's Double Duty belt. It's a double leather belt and is on sale right now for $19.99. I'll eventually get a better belt, like a Beltman, but I decided to save a little now on a first belt and use that money on a holster.

I carry the SR40c in a Theis holster and am very happy

Can't carry here in Illinois but I picked up my new SR9 today. How do you like to so far?

I've only put a box and half of shells through it, but so far it's great.

It shoots really well right out of the box. Even though I haven't shot in years, I shot this gun really well. It was hitting a bit low and right, but again: new gun and rust shooter!

Quote Originally Posted by MonRiver View Post
    I've only put a box and half of shells through it, but so far it's great.

It shoots really well right out of the box. Even though I haven't shot in years, I shot this gun really well. It was hitting a bit low and right, but again: new gun and rust shooter!
    Can't wait to try mine. Thanks. Sorry I got off thread a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scramble4a5 View Post
    Can't wait to try mine. Thanks. Sorry I got off thread a bit.
    No problem. Did you buy a holster with yours? I ordered a gun belt from Cabela's (Double Duty) for $19.99. It was 50% off the regular price. But I keep going back and forth between Crossbreed, SHTF, Theis, and now RKBA holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by MonRiver View Post
    No problem. Did you buy a holster with yours? I ordered a gun belt from Cabela's (Double Duty) for $19.99. It was 50% off the regular price. But I keep going back and forth between Crossbreed, SHTF, Theis, and now RKBA holsters.
    No, I didn't buy a holster. We are the only state without concealed carry so it is on the back burner for me. if I were to buy one I really like High Noon Holsters site. The black ones look very nice. A bit pricey but very nice.

Sponsor
    Take a look at SHTF Gear LLC. For the ruger SR series we pay special attention to the large loaded chamber indicator on the top of the slide. Each holster for the ruger SR9/40 comes with a full length sight channel to accommodate it. Additionally we have hundreds of positive reviews online and ship in 3-5 days. If you don't like it, you have a full 30 day money back guarantee.

Here is a pic that shows some of the features of the holster.

feature-small.jpg

Thanks!
    Clay
    Owner, SHTF Gear LLC

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    My son, he's 22 6'4 175 lbs, carries either a SR9 or Shield IWB and about half the time tucked. He has no problems I know of.

White Hat Holsters www.whitehatholsters.com
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Clay,

I really like the looks of your holsters. Is there really a big difference with horse hide?

I've been carrying a SR9 for a few years now. I'm 5'11, 170lbs, and decided to go with the Kholster. Great service, cheaper and faster than Crossbreed, and have a great warranty system. I can trim the holster to fit me and they'll still accept it back if I'm not satisfied. Personally, I'm getting rid of my SR9 and moving (most likely) to a SR40C (same holster). I love the gun, shoots great, and have never experienced a malfunction, but I just want something a little easier to conceal and not print.

Clay,

I placed an order this morning for an ACE-1 and additional leather straps. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Now, what does SHTF stand for?

SR40c and a crossbreed supertuck and I really like them both. More than 500 rds thru it and no issues at all.

Links