Defensive Carry banner

Want to try carrying AIWB and need your help deciding which holster

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  tmoore912 
#1 ·
1st off I will be carrying a M&Pc. I am tall and skinny @ 6' 155# and have been carrying IWB behind the hip. Was gonna go with Raven ACR but wait is 12-16 weeks. Here is the list that I have it narrowed down to. Any advice, comments, user info would be appreciated especially from those that are skinny like myself.

Cane and Derby PIC AIWB
JM Custom Kydex AIWB
Dale Ficke archangel

Thanks much
Jeff

#3 ·
I really like Cane and Derby products, but they can be sketchy on delivery times.

I'd give the Archangel a shot or Google "the keeper AIWB" and order one of them.

Other honorable mentions are:
Garret Industries . I'm wearing on of their tuckable iwbs as an AIWB right now and am pretty happy with it.
Desibens Gunleather
5Shot Leather (new AIWB rig is the SME)

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

#4 ·
Of the 3 listed I would pick the JM.

I have ordered a PIC and it's been almost a month and I haven't heard anything from them.

I have an Archangel and I use it daily to conceal a Glock 21 SF - but it doesn't do much to help with concealment. It is a solid holster, and if I was going to open carry, or use it for competition I think it would be perfect. The gun clicks in nicely, and it is great to draw from and reholster. But it doesn't do anything "clever" to tilt the grip inward, or muzzle outward. I modified mine - made a little wedge from a baseplate and electrical tape to put under the right (as you wear it) belt loop - and cut the sleeve off a t-shirt and wadded it up and taped it to the body-side of the muzzle end to help tilt the grip in. It conceals better now, but for ~$90 (don't remember exactly) it would be nice if it concealed "better" when it wasn't covered in baseplate, t-shirt, and tape.

Austin

#5 ·
One of the upsides to AIWB is that it is ideal for concealing a larger gun. There is basically no difference in concealment for my G26, G19 or G17. I order all my holsters for the full size Glock 9mm, so i can use them with any of the different size models.

My Dale Fricke Archangel is my back up holster to the JM Custom Kydex, because the Archangel does not have a grip tucking feature built into the holster. It makes a difference for me. Comfortable AIWB carry is so dependent on body type unfortunately, so what works for me might not work for you. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.